General Dynamics Information Technology Information Security Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towson, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in March 2012.

I was contacted directly by GDIT HR and was asked if I'd be interested in the position. I then went through an online application process that was a bit tedious. Once that had been completed I was able to meet with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I hit it off right away. It was clear that the team had similar professional views and ethics. I appreciated the chance to explain why I was passionate about what i do and what my hopes for my career were. I knew within the first 10 minutes that I would take the job if it was offered. I was called back after my initial one-on-one interview and asked if I'd meet with the whole team. I think this approach is a great idea. It gives the potential employee a chance to see if they will fit in with the personalities of the existing team. We met in a large conference room which was well equipped and the team interview took a little over an hour, which is usually a good sign. I was offered the job officially 2 days later, with a contingent on funding. It took another 3 months for funding to come through for the position and I was actually able to come onboard with the company. That waiting can be frustrating but it was nice to know that the company valued my career and reputation enough to wait until they were sure the position would be a permanent one instead of bringing me on right away and possibly losing my job a month later when funding fell through.

Interview Questions
  • Why did I want to leave my current job? did my current manager know that I was looking to leave?   View Answer
I didn't negotiate. I gave them a salary and they agreed. perhaps I should have asked for more but I've never negotiated a salary before.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!