General Dynamics Information Technology

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

It was very confusing, different kinds of signals, and unorganized, it was for financial applications. The first interviewer pretty much told me that I wasn't qualified, while the second interviewer (the Director) told me that everything was just fine, but I didn't hear anything from them.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a really difficult question, it was pretty much reading resume out loud.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Completed the Initial phone screen with the technical recruiter then called in for the actual interview. Spoke with team lead, team members and hiring manager. Received verbal offer a few days after interview.

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in November 2014.

I was contacted with details of the position by a recruiter who found my resume online. After expressing interest in the role, I was asked to complete a short questionnaire. My answers were then shared with the hiring manager and a face to face interview was scheduled the following week. I had one meeting with the hiring manager and was sent an offer letter two days later.

The recruiter was very professional and timely in her communication. The hiring manager was also very personable and detailed about the company and position during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • After receiving an RFP, what are the items you would look at immediately?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a demanding co-worker?   Answer Question
    They asked for my salary range upfront and then told me what was "budgeted" for the position. It was a little bit lower than my desired range but I had some flexibility. When the offer letter came through, I was offered a generous amount over what they said was budgeted, putting me just slightly under my range so I accepted. I also considered the benefits package and my manager's willingness to allow a flexible start and end time. Those were important to me, and have value as well.

Temp Call Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in November 2014.

Was hired on the spot at a job fair and am currently one week into training.
    The 'interview' consisted of a typing test, a few general questions by HR, reading a section of writing aloud, and showing them my HS diploma. Being hired on the spot was contingent upon me passing the background check, which I did. As others have mentioned, take your proof of education, ie HS diploma or GED. I probably would have gotten a slightly better schedule if I hadn't lost 45 minutes going to get mine for them because it gave time for several people to get in front of me.

Interview Questions
    • Was not expected to be asked for proof of education, first time in more than a decade a job has wanted to see my diploma.   Answer Question
    You pick a schedule from what they have available and sign off on it and your offered, nonnegotiable, hourly pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2014.

Very quick process. Had to read a piece of scripting, answered general questions about how you have handled situations from previous jobs or school. Asked why you wanted to work for the company

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

I applied for the position through the company's hiring portal. I was then set up for a face-to-face interview with the Senior Analyst and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Most unexpected questions came from old work experience that I didn't deem worth talking about.   Answer Question

Costumer Service Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2014.

I applied for General Dynamics and received a call the next week for me to come in for an interview and to bring my high school diploma. I then went in to interview and I went to the HR they gave me a form to fill out and sign. Then gave them my High School Diploma to copy and give back. The man I gave my diploma took me to take a typing test as well. I got left there and forgotten but I walked out and talked with someone else in HR who got me interviewed by another HR employee. I was then asked a series of questions on my experience with a previous job. After I finished talking with her I was taken to another HR employee who told me I was hired and then set up a schedule with me. I then was taken to get my picture taken for a badge to be made for me so I could get into the building for my first day and forward.

I was able to get a good schedule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

You have to take an assessment personality type, you have to take a typing test and you have to read a script. The interviewer was very nice but the scenario questions are something you have to think on.

Interview Questions
    • General Customer Service questions Give an example of a time when? State the question, what you did, was the issue resolved.   Answer Question
    The pay is set at $12.06

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Very basic interview were as you must be yourself as they would like to keep you as comfortable as possible. The first interview is a basic telephone interview where as basic questions in regards the the open position are asked.

Internal Support Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Just apply and get the job. They came and asked if the position was somethingi wanted andi informed themi would take it as am acting position. They then asked me after 6 months of work if I wanted it full time and I accepted.