General Dynamics Information Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Sandy, UT

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submit a resume fill an application prove graduated status and pass a drug screening trust me anything you say will not deny you employment during the interview process however you do have to pass a WPM test that is a minimum of 30 words per minute anything less and they will send you away this was mandatory for some reason.

Interview Question – How did you show excellent customer service previously?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing its a set pay and everything is none negotiable.

Senior Help Desk Tech Interview

Senior Help Desk Tech
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was great they wanted to hire me right away. However the job that they did was not exactly what was in the job posting. There was no real trouble shooting or repairs that they did it was all shiping and recieving.

Interview Question – How much have you delt with inventories before.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lawrence, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details – Called me in, literally just told me about the position and then asked me to read from a paragraph. Most simple interview that I have ever done. They are primarily looking for quantity and then employees get filtered out by quality afterwards.

Interview Question – Read this paragraph and tell me what it says   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – Very basic interview were as you must be yourself as they would like to keep you as comfortable as possible. The first interview is a basic telephone interview where as basic questions in regards the the open position are asked.

Associate Specialist, Customer Service Interview

Associate Specialist, Customer Service
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews were not organized and to get hired took about 2 weeks. The process was located at the local unemployment office. There was over five hundred applicants for the positions available.

Interview Question – What is the expected salary for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Info was sent in an email acceptance letter.

Internal Support Group Interview

Internal Support Group
Chester, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – Just apply and get the job. They came and asked if the position was somethingi wanted andi informed themi would take it as am acting position. They then asked me after 6 months of work if I wanted it full time and I accepted.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – I first applied online a couple months ago and was contacted later that day by a recruiter to talk about my skills. A couple days after that, we set up my first in-person interview. Went well. Then, a few days after that, we set up my second in-person interview. Then there was a lull for a couple weeks (I have to say, the whole time they seemed very unsure of what the process would be or how long it would take, and they were always uncertain if there would be more interviews). Then, they wanted me to do another phone interview with someone I'd be working with who didn't live in the area. By the time I completed all that, it had been a month. The recruiter then tells me that they hope to make a decision in the next week. A week goes by, I hear nothing, so I email the recruiter. No response. Another week goes by, still nothing, I email the recruiter again, still no response. After another week of silence, a friend who works there kindly offered to look in their internal system to see what the status of the position was, because it was becoming increasingly apparent no one else was going to tell me. Turns out the position had been filled and was now closed. Nice.

So after four, count 'em four, interviews, they just completely left me hanging. Very unprofessional, and from the looks of it, others have had a similar experience (I wonder if it's all this same recruiter, I was told by my friend that they weren't the greatest at their job). Kind of glad I dodged that bullet, although I do wish that after all that time I devoted to interviewing that someone would have at least had the decency to tell me I didn't get the job and not just ignore me.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
London, KY

I applied online - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – My experience was as an "internal," or someone who was already working for GDIT, but the interview process is basically the same. Their main concerns are over our experience in supervisory roles, how we handle different personality types/clashes, and our ability to multi-task.

Interview Question – "Think back to a difficult staff problem you had: what was it, how did you attempt to resolve it, and what happened?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – GDIT does no negotiation at this level: it's take it or leave it as far as the basics go.

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Senior Logistics Analyst
Moorestown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was personal and adequate for position.After hire the on-boarding process was swift and uncomplicated. Interview was a senior project manager who managed the team, team support was outstanding and made the process easy.

Interview Question – Further work after loosing coverage on contract   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is the contract and the amount this contract can offer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details – Typical for any IT professional. Questions regarding current certifications, years of experience, familiarity with several technologies. As this was for a job with clearance, they will ask for information to verify. All in all it was an easy process without any surprises.

Negotiation Details – They were willing to discuss, it was an easy process and they included relocation.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!