General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

I applied for the position through the company's hiring portal. I was then set up for a face-to-face interview with the Senior Analyst and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Most unexpected questions came from old work experience that I didn't deem worth talking about.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

You have to take an assessment personality type, you have to take a typing test and you have to read a script. The interviewer was very nice but the scenario questions are something you have to think on.

Interview Questions
    • General Customer Service questions Give an example of a time when? State the question, what you did, was the issue resolved.   Answer Question
    The pay is set at $12.06

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Very basic interview were as you must be yourself as they would like to keep you as comfortable as possible. The first interview is a basic telephone interview where as basic questions in regards the the open position are asked.

Internal Support Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Just apply and get the job. They came and asked if the position was somethingi wanted andi informed themi would take it as am acting position. They then asked me after 6 months of work if I wanted it full time and I accepted.

Senior Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2014.

The interview was great they wanted to hire me right away. However the job that they did was not exactly what was in the job posting. There was no real trouble shooting or repairs that they did it was all shiping and recieving.

Interview Questions
    • How much have you delt with inventories before.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

I first applied online a couple months ago and was contacted later that day by a recruiter to talk about my skills. A couple days after that, we set up my first in-person interview. Went well. Then, a few days after that, we set up my second in-person interview. Then there was a lull for a couple weeks (I have to say, the whole time they seemed very unsure of what the process would be or how long it would take, and they were always uncertain if there would be more interviews). Then, they wanted me to do another phone interview with someone I'd be working with who didn't live in the area. By the time I completed all that, it had been a month. The recruiter then tells me that they hope to make a decision in the next week. A week goes by, I hear nothing, so I email the recruiter. No response. Another week goes by, still nothing, I email the recruiter again, still no response. After another week of silence, a friend who works there kindly offered to look in their internal system to see what the status of the position was, because it was becoming increasingly apparent no one else was going to tell me. Turns out the position had been filled and was now closed. Nice.

So after four, count 'em four, interviews, they just completely left me hanging. Very unprofessional, and from the looks of it, others have had a similar experience (I wonder if it's all this same recruiter, I was told by my friend that they weren't the greatest at their job). Kind of glad I dodged that bullet, although I do wish that after all that time I devoted to interviewing that someone would have at least had the decency to tell me I didn't get the job and not just ignore me.

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

I applied online. A few days later, I was called by a talent manager to set up a phone interview. My 1st phone interview was about one week after I submitted my application. About a week and a half later I was contacted for a 2nd phone interview. About a week and a half after the 2nd interview I was contacted by phone by HR with an offer.

Both phone interviews were very similar, except new people were invited to the 2nd interview. I was asked to summarize my resume and my experiences. I was told about what they do on a daily basis. I was asked about my programming experience. I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

I live in a different state than the state offering the position. I was not given opportunity to visit the location on behalf of GDIT, which is a little sketchy to me. But I'm familiar with the area, so I accepted.

I later learned that this position is "at-will", which means there is not written or unwritten agreement of employment between you and GDIT. They can terminate you, and you can resign at any given time without notice or reason...a little scary.

Overall, the interview process was simple.

Interview Questions
    An HR rep contacted me by phone and made me a verbal offer. I did not negotiate the salary as I was content with the offer. However I asked for some time off for a personal event and adjusted the proposed start date. Once we agreed on an offer, a formal offer letter was drafted and I accepted electronically.

BD Manager Interview

Very informal

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied in early March, did not receive contact until early April. First interviewed by two HR staff, then interviewed by HR Mgr. Then had a phone interview with HR Director (she did not call at scheduled time and did not follow up to rescedule until the next day.) Did not receive offer until May and then wanted me to start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question that was unexpected or particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There was none, however, had I known the hours required, I would have negotiated for a much higher salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2014.

Called me in, literally just told me about the position and then asked me to read from a paragraph. Most simple interview that I have ever done. They are primarily looking for quantity and then employees get filtered out by quality afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Read this paragraph and tell me what it says   View Answer
    none