General Dynamics Information Technology

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – I first applied online a couple months ago and was contacted later that day by a recruiter to talk about my skills. A couple days after that, we set up my first in-person interview. Went well. Then, a few days after that, we set up my second in-person interview. Then there was a lull for a couple weeks (I have to say, the whole time they seemed very unsure of what the process would be or how long it would take, and they were always uncertain if there would be more interviews). Then, they wanted me to do another phone interview with someone I'd be working with who didn't live in the area. By the time I completed all that, it had been a month. The recruiter then tells me that they hope to make a decision in the next week. A week goes by, I hear nothing, so I email the recruiter. No response. Another week goes by, still nothing, I email the recruiter again, still no response. After another week of silence, a friend who works there kindly offered to look in their internal system to see what the status of the position was, because it was becoming increasingly apparent no one else was going to tell me. Turns out the position had been filled and was now closed. Nice.

So after four, count 'em four, interviews, they just completely left me hanging. Very unprofessional, and from the looks of it, others have had a similar experience (I wonder if it's all this same recruiter, I was told by my friend that they weren't the greatest at their job). Kind of glad I dodged that bullet, although I do wish that after all that time I devoted to interviewing that someone would have at least had the decency to tell me I didn't get the job and not just ignore me.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
London, KY

I applied online - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – My experience was as an "internal," or someone who was already working for GDIT, but the interview process is basically the same. Their main concerns are over our experience in supervisory roles, how we handle different personality types/clashes, and our ability to multi-task.

Interview Question – "Think back to a difficult staff problem you had: what was it, how did you attempt to resolve it, and what happened?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – GDIT does no negotiation at this level: it's take it or leave it as far as the basics go.

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Senior Logistics Analyst
Moorestown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was personal and adequate for position.After hire the on-boarding process was swift and uncomplicated. Interview was a senior project manager who managed the team, team support was outstanding and made the process easy.

Interview Question – Further work after loosing coverage on contract   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is the contract and the amount this contract can offer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details – Typical for any IT professional. Questions regarding current certifications, years of experience, familiarity with several technologies. As this was for a job with clearance, they will ask for information to verify. All in all it was an easy process without any surprises.

Negotiation Details – They were willing to discuss, it was an easy process and they included relocation.

Principal Contracts Administrator Interview

Principal Contracts Administrator
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2013.

Interview Details – Generally the job that I interviewed for was not the job that I ended up doing.

Interview Question – Why GDIT   View Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Tacoma, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – long and slow, hiring process, takes forever to get laptop and cell phone

Interview Question – No training was made available, had to set up new process, for managing work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Market Lead had tears in his eyes,

Senior Statistician Interview

Senior Statistician
West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – I applied online. A few days later, I was called by a talent manager to set up a phone interview. My 1st phone interview was about one week after I submitted my application. About a week and a half later I was contacted for a 2nd phone interview. About a week and a half after the 2nd interview I was contacted by phone by HR with an offer.

Both phone interviews were very similar, except new people were invited to the 2nd interview. I was asked to summarize my resume and my experiences. I was told about what they do on a daily basis. I was asked about my programming experience. I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

I live in a different state than the state offering the position. I was not given opportunity to visit the location on behalf of GDIT, which is a little sketchy to me. But I'm familiar with the area, so I accepted.

I later learned that this position is "at-will", which means there is not written or unwritten agreement of employment between you and GDIT. They can terminate you, and you can resign at any given time without notice or reason...a little scary.

Overall, the interview process was simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – An HR rep contacted me by phone and made me a verbal offer. I did not negotiate the salary as I was content with the offer. However I asked for some time off for a personal event and adjusted the proposed start date. Once we agreed on an offer, a formal offer letter was drafted and I accepted electronically.

Senior Analyst, Functional Interview

Senior Analyst, Functional
Towson, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by a previous co-worker. They provided the Recruiter's email, I sent my resume. I followed up 30 days after. I received a phone call and interviewed shortly thereafter. I followed up in a week with the recruiter, and followed up again 2 weeks after that, was offered another position in the interim. I contacted the recruiter with this information, but still took GDIT (then ViPS) another 2 weeks to send my offer letter and package.

Negotiation Details – I was unable to obtain additional leave time. I was able to obtain a $10,000 increase over the salary offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details – Good, moves fast; questions fair.

Interview Question – Can't remember; typical customer service scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; government contract.

BD Manager Interview

BD Manager

Interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology

Interview Details – Very informal

Interview Question – You will get no training - are you OK with that?   Answer Question