General Dynamics Information Technology

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.4

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied in early March, did not receive contact until early April. First interviewed by two HR staff, then interviewed by HR Mgr. Then had a phone interview with HR Director (she did not call at scheduled time and did not follow up to rescedule until the next day.) Did not receive offer until May and then wanted me to start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question that was unexpected or particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There was none, however, had I known the hours required, I would have negotiated for a much higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in February 2014.

Called me in, literally just told me about the position and then asked me to read from a paragraph. Most simple interview that I have ever done. They are primarily looking for quantity and then employees get filtered out by quality afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Read this paragraph and tell me what it says   View Answer
    none

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied and HR contacted me for F2F interview

No Negotiation

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied online and received call from a recruiter the following week. We discussed my experience over the phone for about 30 minutes. Afterwhich, I received a follow-up call a few days later to discuss salary and I was given a verbal job offer...received the official offer via mail a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult...all questions were about my past experience and how I would fit into the job role at hand.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Received email stating I would be considered for an interview. Received phone call from program manager and setup and time and place to meet. Met program manager at actual workspace and was brought into a room with another program manager. Asked specifically about mey experience working with the military as a customer. Interview was casual and friendly, was then shown around the office and introduced to a few people, received a call 30 minutes after I left asking if I would accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable am I dealing with high ranking military? How organized am I? What do I do if I am faced with no work? How do I feel about redundant tasks? How do I work in a team environment? Do I have any questions about the company or program?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

For this job you have to apply online and submit a resume. Process took at least one week and a half. An email was sent then I was prompted for a interview. The interview was held at a workforce which there were at least 150 applicants. there was a line for each process, interview and typing test. You will have to complete an assessment and typing test before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was easy. The interviewer asked questions dealing with customer service and how to handle difficult customers. I was hired on the spot. training is for 2 weeks.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

Easy interview - basic experience questions from my background and did not ask any situational questions or anything of that nature. Don't really have much else to say about it frankly

No negotiation

Associate Specialist, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

Interviews were not organized and to get hired took about 2 weeks. The process was located at the local unemployment office. There was over five hundred applicants for the positions available.

Interview Questions
    • What is the expected salary for this position?   View Answer
    Info was sent in an email acceptance letter.

Senior Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Only had one interview before I was offered a position. It was a phone interview. Straight forward with nothing that caught me off guard. I was just about done with my military commitment when interviewing. It was a quick interview that took about ten minutes of my time. They were helpful and answered my questions. They also worked with my availability and fit me into a start date that satisfied my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question that I have been asked in just about every interview is "What are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. They called, offered me a salary and I accepted. The offer letter was in my mailbox within a few days.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in December 2013.

During the phone interview, the hiring manager asked me technical questions about computers and servers. The hiring manager also asked me situational questions on how I would handle certain customer service issues. The last part were thought provoking questions to determine your thought process and critical thinking skills as well as your ability to articulate them.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few questions regarding encryption. On two of them I had not heard of them (probably proprietary encryption) and one of them was about PKI.   View Answer
    They sent me a job offer on their website on Christmas eve and I digitally signed it.