General Dynamics Information Technology

2.4

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in December 2013.

The hiring process was smooth and quite fast for a position requiring a security clearance. I applied online through Linked In and was called by a recruiter within two weeks for an initial phone interview. I went through one more phone pre-interview. Within seven days, I was selected for phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called back the next day and was informed I was selected. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. After background check and urinalysis cleared. I was in-processing and working within two months.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were situation questions directed at focused on remote assistance, domain profiles, and the Support Web/Remedy ticket systems.   Answer Question
    I was sent a formal offer. I accepted the terms as they were generous.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Face to face with work manager

They knew of my work elsewhere and wanted me to fill a need.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2013.

Long but good, It took about 3 months to on-board me into my job at GDIT. Most of it is the slowness of the government in getting my security clearance.

Senior Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Mill, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Mill, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2013.

Went very well. Hiring manager and team very respectful and welcoming, discussing freely the job requirements before hand. Not a dry investigative session but a mutual discussion session.

Analyst Interview

Went through 1 HR interview and 1 in-person interview with manager and client.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2013.

I first attended a job fair where I was interviewed. I was called a week later for a second interview. It turned out to be another first interview with identical questions. I was told I would be interviewing with the hiring manager. I was interviewed by a senior specialist instead. I originally applied for the Senior Quality Specialist job. I was told that they have already filled those roles and I am now interviewing for the Quality Analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you cut corners to get a job done. What do you do to keep your mind sharp while performing mundane or repetitive tasks.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2013.

I was more formal than the interviewer as I came dressed in a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. The interview went as most do, with the same expected questions that you get at most interviews for a customer service position. I was asked about my attendance habits, why I enjoy customer service, what do I see as my biggest challenges, and what kind of experiences do I bring to the table. The hiring manager was courteous, upbeat, and friendly but not overly formal. It was a relaxed interview. The rest of the process was a bit more unfriendly and very unorganized as it took several weeks for them to get me into a training class, and their communications via e-mail about additional electronic paperwork was not very informative and was very last-minute. Overall it was not very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an experience of when you resolved a customer's complicated issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiations allowed.

Principal Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Generally the job that I interviewed for was not the job that I ended up doing.

Senior Network Systems Administrator Interview

As a future employee, I will always try my best keep in good standing with the customer and be a team player with my coworkers. Share any information with others on the team and help support the customer at all times.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in August 2013.

Typical for any IT professional. Questions regarding current certifications, years of experience, familiarity with several technologies. As this was for a job with clearance, they will ask for information to verify. All in all it was an easy process without any surprises.

They were willing to discuss, it was an easy process and they included relocation.