General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

108 interviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2013.

One interview that was there solely to see if you have any experience at all interacting with people and if you can read. If you sold melons off a truck and can read you can get this job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions because no people of any true intellect work for this company.   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiation unless you're bilingual. Also very upset that the person interviewing me did not tell me that this job would suck the soul from my body.

Senior Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor Mill, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Mill, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in October 2013.

Went very well. Hiring manager and team very respectful and welcoming, discussing freely the job requirements before hand. Not a dry investigative session but a mutual discussion session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in September 2013.

I was more formal than the interviewer as I came dressed in a dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. The interview went as most do, with the same expected questions that you get at most interviews for a customer service position. I was asked about my attendance habits, why I enjoy customer service, what do I see as my biggest challenges, and what kind of experiences do I bring to the table. The hiring manager was courteous, upbeat, and friendly but not overly formal. It was a relaxed interview. The rest of the process was a bit more unfriendly and very unorganized as it took several weeks for them to get me into a training class, and their communications via e-mail about additional electronic paperwork was not very informative and was very last-minute. Overall it was not very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an experience of when you resolved a customer's complicated issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiations allowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2013.

There was only one interview. There were several interviewers. Most of the interviewers were long-time employees of the company. Either supervisors, trainers, or a member of HR.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to handle upset, angry, crying, elderly, potentially suicidal callers who need their medication and cannot afford it because the cost exceeds their income?   View Answer
    There were no nogotiations.

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied in early March, did not receive contact until early April. First interviewed by two HR staff, then interviewed by HR Mgr. Then had a phone interview with HR Director (she did not call at scheduled time and did not follow up to rescedule until the next day.) Did not receive offer until May and then wanted me to start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question that was unexpected or particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There was none, however, had I known the hours required, I would have negotiated for a much higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

Easy interview - basic experience questions from my background and did not ask any situational questions or anything of that nature. Don't really have much else to say about it frankly

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in January 2014.

For this job you have to apply online and submit a resume. Process took at least one week and a half. An email was sent then I was prompted for a interview. The interview was held at a workforce which there were at least 150 applicants. there was a line for each process, interview and typing test. You will have to complete an assessment and typing test before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was easy. The interviewer asked questions dealing with customer service and how to handle difficult customers. I was hired on the spot. training is for 2 weeks.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

QA Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied and HR contacted me for F2F interview

No Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in June 2011.

Was smooth and easy. People easy to talk to.

Simple.

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Applied online and received call from a recruiter the following week. We discussed my experience over the phone for about 30 minutes. Afterwhich, I received a follow-up call a few days later to discuss salary and I was given a verbal job offer...received the official offer via mail a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult...all questions were about my past experience and how I would fit into the job role at hand.   Answer Question