General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com

General Dynamics Information Technology Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – Before applying for the current position, I was a CSR. My resume had to align to very strict template standards and was first given approval by HR (outside of the department). The QA lead had no part in selecting the viable candidates. I was interviewed by the lead first, one-on-one, and given a panel interview from the entire team. It is worth noting: there were no resources available (outside of asking a current QA) which described the role and/or daily duties of a QA. Subsequently, the panel interview was extremly stressful. Each of the 11 current team members, and the lead asked multi-part questions. This process has been done away with, new applicants are not subject to the panel interview. The following (third) interview was conducted with the lead, and a member of human resources that was not based in our site (also very concerning).

Interview Question – "Name a time you confronted a fellow coworker about their performance or behavior. How did they respond? How did it impact your relationship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. The compensation difference between Customer Service Representative and Quality Specialist is minimal. Singular significant difference being salary, as opposed to hourly. The salaries are determined through the contractor (which is a government agency) not the department or company itself.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!