General Dynamics Information Technology
www.gdit.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

General Dynamics Information Technology Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – Face to face with work manager

Negotiation Details – They knew of my work elsewhere and wanted me to fill a need.

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Interview Details – It varies so greatly based on the position that it's hard to describe here. In general a manager will post a job requisition. HR will post it, and they will receive the initial calls to screen based on requirements. Next step will involve waiting for the job requester to call you. If the posting is contingent on contract award, it might take months.

Interview Question – Mine was a technical interview, so it dealt with the technical solution the job represented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation at most of the entry jobs I've seen here. Take it or leave it.

San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was kind of disappointing. The interviewers saw my resume for the first time, when I walked in. There was no real scope of what they wanted from the position. The only thing I can remember from the interview was that the customer they supported was very demanding. Interviewers did not seem prepared, one of panel members was late for the interview.

Interview Question – What was my Proudest moment in my 20 year military career?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in November 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email form a Supervisor regarding my interest in the position. He set up an interview which consisted of my technical background. Afterwards a interview was scheduled with the Program Manager which consisted of goals and where the program stood and where it was going. I received an email from a Human Resources rep scheduled an appointment and received an offer after that. Straight forward process nice people to deal with.

Interview Question – What books have you read recently?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Dynamics Information Technology

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Information Technology Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Information Technology employees and interview candidates.