General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions in Towson, MD

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.2

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Towson, MD).

Interview

Customer Service, Phone,
    Billing Data Input Medical Records,
    Highly Sensitive Customer information
    How did you exceed a customer expectations
    Was there any time you may have been upset or could not handle a customers request

Interview Questions

• What Qualifications do you have?
      Can you be a team player,
      Are you able to work alone

Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Towson, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted directly by GDIT HR and was asked if I'd be interested in the position. I then went through an online application process that was a bit tedious. Once that had been completed I was able to meet with the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I hit it off right away. It was clear that the team had similar professional views and ethics. I appreciated the chance to explain why I was passionate about what i do and what my hopes for my career were. I knew within the first 10 minutes that I would take the job if it was offered. I was called back after my initial one-on-one interview and asked if I'd meet with the whole team. I think this approach is a great idea. It gives the potential employee a chance to see if they will fit in with the personalities of the existing team. We met in a large conference room which was well equipped and the team interview took a little over an hour, which is usually a good sign. I was offered the job officially 2 days later, with a contingent on funding. It took another 3 months for funding to come through for the position and I was actually able to come onboard with the company. That waiting can be frustrating but it was nice to know that the company valued my career and reputation enough to wait until they were sure the position would be a permanent one instead of bringing me on right away and possibly losing my job a month later when funding fell through.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job? did my current manager know that I was looking to leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I gave them a salary and they agreed. perhaps I should have asked for more but I've never negotiated a salary before.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Towson, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied for a couple of positions that were listed. They were in 2 different towns in my area. Someone had called me and said I would be getting a call from someone else to set up an interview. A couple of weeks went by and I heard nothing. I called the man and he said they have just been busy and I will be getting a call shortly. A week went by - no call. I had written them off and that guy called me and asked if anyone had called to set up an interview for me. I told him no. Well that day someone called and said I would probably have an interview Thursday or Friday but they would call with the exact time. I heard nothing by late Wednesday so I called and found out it would be Friday. They sent me a confirmation and listed which position it was for. The confirmation did not say anything about bringing a photo ID with me. The building I interviewed in was very hard to get into with security, etc. I do not like carrying a purse to interviews and my suit had no pockets. I was disappointed when I finally made it to the reception desk to be asked for a photo ID. I had to go out to my car and get it and weave my way back in through security again. Luckily I just snuck in behind someone else who was coming in as the security guys were not picking up the phone. It would have been really nice if they told me that I needed ID in that confirmation e-mail.

After the woman took a split second look at my ID and gave me a sticker to wear, I sat in a reception area for about 20 minutes. Apparently they had no idea where they were going to put various interviewees. I finally got taken back and put in someone's office to take a skills assessment. About 20 minutes into the test they bring another candidate in to take the same test in that office with me. I found that kind of awkward but just continued with the test. The guy's cell phone would keep ringing and he would let it ring out the whole song and not turn it off until I finally had to say something. Again, that was awkward. I was told I would have 1 hour to take that test but the woman came to get me after about 40 minutes. Luckily I had just finished.

I was taken into a conference room and spoke to 2 men. They were talking about the location of the position and it was the opposite of the one listed in the confirmation mail. No big deal, since I applied to both, but it made me look clueless when I was mentioning how that location was close to where I work now and how the commute would not change for me. I had assumed this interview was for the position in that building based on the confirmation letter. I found it hard to gauge what exactly this job wanted because details of the assignment had not been worked out yet. That limited the kinds of questions I could ask the interviewers.

All in all I would say I was disappointed with the process. I felt like it was a cattle call and it was very disorganized. Maybe it is a sign of the times but I think they could have organized the interviews a little better. It was awkward trying to take the test with the phone guy and just getting the interview set up seemed to challenge them.

Senior Analyst, Functional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Towson, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a previous co-worker. They provided the Recruiter's email, I sent my resume. I followed up 30 days after. I received a phone call and interviewed shortly thereafter. I followed up in a week with the recruiter, and followed up again 2 weeks after that, was offered another position in the interim. I contacted the recruiter with this information, but still took GDIT (then ViPS) another 2 weeks to send my offer letter and package.

Negotiation

I was unable to obtain additional leave time. I was able to obtain a $10,000 increase over the salary offer.