General Dynamics

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by phone within a month. Initial phone interview was a screening, discussing the project and seeing my level of interest for the company. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview took about two hours, including a lunch with various team members.

Interview Question – 4:1 Technical Interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at General Dynamics in November 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through employee referral and got called relatively quickly. Spoke with HR several times over phone, interview was on-site with senior manager. Apparently I was supposed to go through another round of interview with the engineers but it was over Thanksgiving week and no one was around, so I got offered the job with just the behavioral part of the interview process.

Interview Question – Entire interview was just behavioral so nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really negotiate.

Winchester, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics in July 2013.

Interview Details – Attended a job fair, took the computer test and had the interview the same day. Very efficient, which I appreciated since I had to drive 40 miles to get there. I also had to complete my application online from home. Completed several forms online from home and then attended a meeting for onboarding once before employment started.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you dealt with and overcame a situation where there was conflict or an upset customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said, "here's what the job pays".

Very Easy Interview

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR, received a call from manager, and accepted the offer. I haven't heard of anybody being hired with much care. No 1:1 interview. Because of this, a lot of people get laid off within few months.

Interview Question – There wasn't a unexpected question. Just asking what would you do if customer was mad. how you would deal with it...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customr Care Manager Interview

Customr Care Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through a posting on Indeed.com. A few weeks later, I received a call from the program manager of the group I was interested in manager. The communication flow throughout was horrendous, with missed interviews by members on their side, an HR team that was never onboard with what was happening, and a salary-negotiation nightmare from Hades.

Interview Question – "We work under a strict contract with the federal government, and HIPAA guidelines are strict. How would you ensure that you can manage your team to maintain these guidelines while keeping up employee morale?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nightmarish. I made my salary expectations clear at the onset of our discussion. When I received the offer letter, it was substantially lower than what my expectations were. I then declined the position. The company adjusted my salary to be inline with my expectations.

Helpdesk Technician (Buckley AFB, Aurora Colorado) Interview

Helpdesk Technician (Buckley AFB, Aurora Colorado)
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics in February 2013.

Interview Details – Process was entirely done over the phone. There were three interviews; one with the HR recruiter (initial contact), one with the general manager for the contract and a final interview with the IT manager on the Air Force base. After this it was over a month before a job was offered.

Interview Question – Standard questions: Strengths/Weaknesses, reviewing job history, questions with experience with ticketing systems and OS/platforms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for more than the initial offer but I was told this was currently the highest and best they could do.

Interviewed at General Dynamics

Interview Details – it was pretty easy go in be yourself arrive fifthteen minutes early come prepared be ready to answer any and all questions always bring a pen and a small note pad so that you can write down any questions you may have

Interview Question – the most difficult and unexpected question to me was who would I like to be real or fictional character and why I caught me completely off guard and I was not expecting it but I handle it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Niceville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Dynamics in June 2010.

Interview Details – HR prescreen interview first, then a couple of weeks later a face to face with a 4-5 memeber team. Pretty straight forward, nothing too far out there. Standard supply chain questions, previous experience and then some standard cookie cutter questions - Explain a time when you did not agree with a supervisor and what did you do to resolve it kind of thing.

Interview Question – Something as simple as "Why are manhole covers round" can really throw you for a loop if you are not expecting such a strange question. Easy to answer but it takes you back for a second.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. Not much room for negotiating though.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics in March 2010.

Interview Details – n/a

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all EAs start at the same salary

Panama City, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Dynamics in August 2013.

Interview Details – They hired me on the spot since they needed people desperately. I had to supply my high school diploma and social security card. No real preparation for the interview though. The classic questions. It was really easy. Just dress nicely and be ready to answer classic questions on previous employment. Just experiences of how exceptional you were.

Interview Question – It was really easy. No questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Dynamics

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!