General Dynamics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

To work on a government contract you should first have your Security+ CE before even applying. Once you get an interview they will ask you a few basic networking questions. Know the layers of the OSI model and basic subnetting. The golden answer for any question you don't know is that you will "Google" it. They don't expect you to know everything they want to know if you have the ability to find the answers with your background.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are pretty easy if you have done any networking. They key is if you are willing to work shifts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics (Lynn Haven, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

First you are asked to type what is listed on a paper they hand you to see how fast you can type. Then you are asked the standard interview questions and given and asked to ready a paragraph to see if your a fluent reader or not. Then your asked to explain what you just read.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given someones personal information while in the workplace and what steps you took to keep this information private   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone within a month. Initial phone interview was a screening, discussing the project and seeing my level of interest for the company. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview took about two hours, including a lunch with various team members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to plan a phone interview. The phone interview took place with one man who would be the potential manager. After that there was an onsite interview with the same man and one other. We did a tour of the facility and then spoke about my experiences. There were NO technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your leadership experience.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics (Bath, ME) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. I conducted two phone interviews, the first about my background and the second was more in depth discussions on the position. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating with business schedules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics (Coralville, IA).

Interview

Received a call from HR, received a call from manager, and accepted the offer. I haven't heard of anybody being hired with much care. No 1:1 interview. Because of this, a lot of people get laid off within few months.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a unexpected question. Just asking what would you do if customer was mad. how you would deal with it...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customr Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position through a posting on Indeed.com. A few weeks later, I received a call from the program manager of the group I was interested in manager. The communication flow throughout was horrendous, with missed interviews by members on their side, an HR team that was never onboard with what was happening, and a salary-negotiation nightmare from Hades.

Interview Questions

• "We work under a strict contract with the federal government, and HIPAA guidelines are strict. How would you ensure that you can manage your team to maintain these guidelines while keeping up employee morale?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nightmarish. I made my salary expectations clear at the onset of our discussion. When I received the offer letter, it was substantially lower than what my expectations were. I then declined the position. The company adjusted my salary to be inline with my expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

it was pretty easy go in be yourself arrive fifthteen minutes early come prepared be ready to answer any and all questions always bring a pen and a small note pad so that you can write down any questions you may have

Interview Questions

• the most difficult and unexpected question to me was who would I like to be real or fictional character and why I caught me completely off guard and I was not expecting it but I handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

Company contacted me about my resume being a perfect fit for the position and implored me to apply. I was brought in for an interview and spoke with a prospective boss, their boss, and a potential colleague. The interview lasted about 2 hours and was pleasant. About a week later, I called and they said they were still interviewing and had many candidates to speak to and they would let me know the following week, early in the week. The recruiters could not be reached at all for several days until finally, they picked up the phone Friday afternoon to say the position had been cancelled in the most aloof and uncaring voice they could muster.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Group interview, with fast firing questions. Be on your "A" game that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about what we do here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, but ask for the Sign On $$, if you do not, they will not tell you it is due, and you will not get it