General Dynamics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics.

I applied online and was contacted by phone within a month. Initial phone interview was a screening, discussing the project and seeing my level of interest for the company. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview took about two hours, including a lunch with various team members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics.

Received a call from HR, received a call from manager, and accepted the offer. I haven't heard of anybody being hired with much care. No 1:1 interview. Because of this, a lot of people get laid off within few months.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a unexpected question. Just asking what would you do if customer was mad. how you would deal with it...etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customr Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics.

I applied for the position through a posting on Indeed.com. A few weeks later, I received a call from the program manager of the group I was interested in manager. The communication flow throughout was horrendous, with missed interviews by members on their side, an HR team that was never onboard with what was happening, and a salary-negotiation nightmare from Hades.

Interview Questions
    • "We work under a strict contract with the federal government, and HIPAA guidelines are strict. How would you ensure that you can manage your team to maintain these guidelines while keeping up employee morale?"   View Answer
    Nightmarish. I made my salary expectations clear at the onset of our discussion. When I received the offer letter, it was substantially lower than what my expectations were. I then declined the position. The company adjusted my salary to be inline with my expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

it was pretty easy go in be yourself arrive fifthteen minutes early come prepared be ready to answer any and all questions always bring a pen and a small note pad so that you can write down any questions you may have

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult and unexpected question to me was who would I like to be real or fictional character and why I caught me completely off guard and I was not expecting it but I handle it   Answer Question

Material Cost Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics.

Company contacted me about my resume being a perfect fit for the position and implored me to apply. I was brought in for an interview and spoke with a prospective boss, their boss, and a potential colleague. The interview lasted about 2 hours and was pleasant. About a week later, I called and they said they were still interviewing and had many candidates to speak to and they would let me know the following week, early in the week. The recruiters could not be reached at all for several days until finally, they picked up the phone Friday afternoon to say the position had been cancelled in the most aloof and uncaring voice they could muster.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics.

Group interview, with fast firing questions. Be on your "A" game that day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about what we do here?   View Answer
    Easy, but ask for the Sign On $$, if you do not, they will not tell you it is due, and you will not get it

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in January of 2013. Did not hear a peep until October.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics in August 2013.

They hired me on the spot since they needed people desperately. I had to supply my high school diploma and social security card. No real preparation for the interview though. The classic questions. It was really easy. Just dress nicely and be ready to answer classic questions on previous employment. Just experiences of how exceptional you were.

Interview Questions
    • It was really easy. No questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in July 2013.

Attended a job fair, took the computer test and had the interview the same day. Very efficient, which I appreciated since I had to drive 40 miles to get there. I also had to complete my application online from home. Completed several forms online from home and then attended a meeting for onboarding once before employment started.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you dealt with and overcame a situation where there was conflict or an upset customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They said, "here's what the job pays".

Helpdesk Technician (Buckley AFB, Aurora Colorado) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in February 2013.

Process was entirely done over the phone. There were three interviews; one with the HR recruiter (initial contact), one with the general manager for the contract and a final interview with the IT manager on the Air Force base. After this it was over a month before a job was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Strengths/Weaknesses, reviewing job history, questions with experience with ticketing systems and OS/platforms   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I asked for more than the initial offer but I was told this was currently the highest and best they could do.