General Dynamics

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at General Dynamics in March 2010.

Interview Details – n/a

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all EAs start at the same salary

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics in May 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview followed by a tour of the facility. They followed a generic template for the majority of the questions including some behavioral or situational inquiries. The overall interview was quite relaxed which made it easy to address their questions and relate to the interviewer. It was a positive experience.

Interview Question – “As a young engineer how do you plan to address issues concerning your age/experience with those who have been performing this work for many decades?”   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation was conducted through GD recruiter which they offered me more than I was expecting.

Material Cost Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview Details – Company contacted me about my resume being a perfect fit for the position and implored me to apply. I was brought in for an interview and spoke with a prospective boss, their boss, and a potential colleague. The interview lasted about 2 hours and was pleasant. About a week later, I called and they said they were still interviewing and had many candidates to speak to and they would let me know the following week, early in the week. The recruiters could not be reached at all for several days until finally, they picked up the phone Friday afternoon to say the position had been cancelled in the most aloof and uncaring voice they could muster.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward interview questions   Answer Question

Design Interview

Design
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview Details – Group interview, with fast firing questions. Be on your "A" game that day.

Interview Question – How do you feel about what we do here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, but ask for the Sign On $$, if you do not, they will not tell you it is due, and you will not get it

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed at General Dynamics

Interview Details – I applied in January of 2013. Did not hear a peep until October.

Interview Question – How do we read scripts that you do not provide?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Dynamics in July 2009.

Interview Details – i was interviewed by all department heads. When I brought up new prospects in aerospace, I was told phase III.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was sent a letter of acceptance.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at General Dynamics in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen then in-person interview

Interview Question – Long term goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of hassle

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview- informal, basic questions regarding my experience on tanks

Electrical Engineer Interview

Groton, CT

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call a couple months after applying online and set up my interview for 2 weeks later. When I got there, I was interviewed by 3 people separately and was assigned to a "tour guide," for lack of a better term, who showed me around and took me to each interview. The first and last interviews went fine. I was asked about my resume and my working habits and the like. The second one was technical, however, and I didn't do so well with that one. It was tedious and I couldn't answer a lot of the questions. About a month later I received a rejection letter in the mail.

Interview Question – Questions about transistors and diodes and rectifiers and everything you learn in school for ONE semester and then never learn again.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at General Dynamics in February 2009.

Interview Details – First started with a phone interview. Came in and met with several co-wokers and they were very honest about job requirments and work load. then met with potential boss and then the general manager. Every one was professional and to the point. Offices were clean and well lit. Free coffee on Mondays.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics employees and interview candidates.