General Dynamics

General Dynamics Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

Subcontracts Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics in June 2013.

The process was a little confused when I arrived. Even though the person I thought I was to interview with was working that day (and greeted me), I was interviewed by another person.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions seemed fairly straight forward. Experience, usual job situation type questions.   View Answer

Helpdesk Technician (Buckley AFB, Aurora Colorado) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in February 2013.

Process was entirely done over the phone. There were three interviews; one with the HR recruiter (initial contact), one with the general manager for the contract and a final interview with the IT manager on the Air Force base. After this it was over a month before a job was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Strengths/Weaknesses, reviewing job history, questions with experience with ticketing systems and OS/platforms   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I asked for more than the initial offer but I was told this was currently the highest and best they could do.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in October 2011.

I got a phone call a couple months after applying online and set up my interview for 2 weeks later. When I got there, I was interviewed by 3 people separately and was assigned to a "tour guide," for lack of a better term, who showed me around and took me to each interview. The first and last interviews went fine. I was asked about my resume and my working habits and the like. The second one was technical, however, and I didn't do so well with that one. It was tedious and I couldn't answer a lot of the questions. About a month later I received a rejection letter in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about transistors and diodes and rectifiers and everything you learn in school for ONE semester and then never learn again.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics in November 2010.

Submitted resume through employee referral and got called relatively quickly. Spoke with HR several times over phone, interview was on-site with senior manager. Apparently I was supposed to go through another round of interview with the engineers but it was over Thanksgiving week and no one was around, so I got offered the job with just the behavioral part of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Entire interview was just behavioral so nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Didn't really negotiate.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niceville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niceville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics in June 2010.

HR prescreen interview first, then a couple of weeks later a face to face with a 4-5 memeber team. Pretty straight forward, nothing too far out there. Standard supply chain questions, previous experience and then some standard cookie cutter questions - Explain a time when you did not agree with a supervisor and what did you do to resolve it kind of thing.

Interview Questions
    • Something as simple as "Why are manhole covers round" can really throw you for a loop if you are not expecting such a strange question. Easy to answer but it takes you back for a second.   View Answer
    Straight forward. Not much room for negotiating though.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in May 2010.

Group interview followed by a tour of the facility. They followed a generic template for the majority of the questions including some behavioral or situational inquiries. The overall interview was quite relaxed which made it easy to address their questions and relate to the interviewer. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • “As a young engineer how do you plan to address issues concerning your age/experience with those who have been performing this work for many decades?”   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was conducted through GD recruiter which they offered me more than I was expecting.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics in March 2010.

n/a

There was no negotiation, all EAs start at the same salary

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics in October 2009.

Phone interview- informal, basic questions regarding my experience on tanks

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Dynamics in September 2009.

Recruiter called me. We went over my resume. I sent my resume a PDF document. Later he asked me to change it to a DOC so he could modify it. I spoke with the a few more times. He covered pay rate, vacation and contract length. Asked me several inappropriate questions:

1. Was I married (because of insurance he claimed).
    2. What year I graduated college

Everything seemed to be going well but then got no further responses. No follow up call, no email. The recruiter also used a personal email for the whole thing. Perhaps it was a head hunter.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics in July 2009.

i was interviewed by all department heads. When I brought up new prospects in aerospace, I was told phase III.

Interview Questions
    i was sent a letter of acceptance.