General Dynamics Land Systems

www.gdls.com

General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Specialist Interview

Engineering Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very informal with direct supervisor, and department head.
Process was very slow,and communication with HR was not good.
I specifically indicated to HR that they were not to contact my current employer so as not to strain my relationship with them. GDLS HR did not honor that request and let the cat out of the bag before I was ready to inform my current employer or decide it I was going to accept the position or not. Tense and uncomfortable meetings followed, but thankfully I was able to work it out, and accepted the GDLS position.
Generally, the HR department at GDLS is useless, and farms out all of their responsibilities to outside companies.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The exact pay that I was receiving at my former empoyer was offered to me (contracted to GDLS).
Vacation was non negotiable, and sucks at 80 hours.

Worked for General Dynamics Land Systems? Contribute to the Community!