General Dynamics Land Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very brief process. They only asked me 5 or so questions before asking me if I had any questions. It was a phone interview with 3 veteran program managers I may be working with at some point. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes and went great. Got a call with an offer a week later for a program management intern position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your recent projects?
      What do you plan to do in the next few years?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Explain some of your responsibilities at your previous job/internship?
      Do you know anything about cars?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a firm offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

It went very smooth. I already had all the skills necessary to perform the job. Contacted by the hiring manager and he set up the interview with HR. If I had not had the inside knowledge to get this job, I probably would have had to compete with 100s of people who may have had some of the experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs. I always think that is such a loaded question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was positive and we came to an agreement quickly.

Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

the process of being hired went well and the people was kind and loving. Tallahassee is always been a wonderful city to work in as for a work. I like working at general dynamics and i like the people and staff.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

Phone interview for Contract to perm position.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking for a field guy, is this you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their initial offer was good enough to return to the states ..

NET Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lewis, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Fort Lewis, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

One interview followed my 3 separate online applications and then didn't get even a peep for over 4 months when I got the offer. If this is what you're after I hope you're patient...very patient.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with diversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Those hired after me were hired at lower salaries.

Maintenance Mechanic I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lewis, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Fort Lewis, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel of 2 people and 1 person on phone. I was asked 15 questions, five about personal situations with other employees. Ten basic mechanic questions.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Shelby, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

Tough

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • How long have you worked here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough

Project Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Was an internal posting for a job. Moving from hardware and software integration and development to my current postion. Job was sold on previous expirience (not just with-in the company), being able to formulate expiriences with how it will apply for the job you're looking for is invaluable. The management was interesting in bringing in high level talent, and improving internal product knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future if you get this job.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

One phone interview, one face-to-face interview. The phone interview last 15 minutes and basically involved me regurgitating what was on my resume. The face-to-face interview involved technical questions related to the position I was interviewing for, and lasted for 1.5 hours. I met with 3 individuals; a hiring manager, a senior level engineer, and a human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• Explain the most challenging project I ever worked on and how I contributed to its success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The offer was the offer, take it or leave it.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Ladson, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Aplied online. I was called by and HR representative about a week later to set up a telephone interview the next week with the hiring authority. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an interview with the hiring authority. The interview was scheduled for the following week. I met with the hiring authority and another manager in a panel type interview. The questions were a mix of technical and scenario (tell me about a tinme when...). Two days after the interview, I was called by HR and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of specific logitics elements (supply, maintenenace, etc) as related to U.. Government acqusition).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is some room for negotiation, based on expererience.