General Dynamics Mission Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.4

Software Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

It took more than 2 weeks to get arranged on-site interview. They didn't ask usual question such as " what is your strength, weakness, tell me about yourself" rather than they focus on more analytical thinking process. I met three person at one day each 20-30 minutes. They were nice person. I enjoyed the interview. But never notified interview result.

Software Engineer I Interview

Interview

Phone and then on-site interview with team managers/members. Phone interview was under an hour and mainly they explain what their company does and what they are working on. They ask a few questions about your skill set and how it relates to their project. The on-site interview was a typical interview, each team member ask you about projects you did and explain to you what their team does.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, their questions are what you should expect.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Bloomington, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Got a generic email from an HR person in another state. Sent her my resume, got a call from a local hiring manager, and a few days later had a phone interview. I now have an in-person interview scheduled for a few days from now.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a big company?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Pittsfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with them at a Career Fair, passed my resume along to the recruiter, and set up an on-site interview in Pittsfield, MA.

On site, I received a tour of the facility, and then went through the interview. The questions consisted of my basic coursework and how that applied to this job, as well as a general knowledge test of my understanding of systems engineering as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Describe the V-Model in as much detail, commenting on the specifics of what is going on within each stage.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Needham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through employer website. Was contacted via email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. The interviewer asked questions about projects and basic Java/OOP questions. Was called 2 weeks later for onsite. Had 3 rounds onsite with Software Engineers and web developers, most of the questions asked were from my resume and past experiences, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the amount of rope needed to build a hammock?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward. They asked the basic questions: what is your greatest strengths, some computer science questions, and relocation questions. The only question that surprised me was "do you know what the software development life cycle and can you describe it us in a minute or two?"

Interview Questions

• do you know what the software development life cycle and can you describe it us in a minute or two?   Answer Question

Computer Network Defense Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

Initial communications were very easy. I submitted my resume via the website, and received a call within a few weeks. The interview itself was very easy. I was interviewed by the manager and the engineer from the next tier above the position I applied for. They were very nice and we had a pleasant conversation before starting the questions. The actual questions for the interview are standardized by HR. They are an even split of knowledge and technical questions related to the position and situations you may encounter in the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform a search within a Unix command line terminal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was very difficult. It was all over the phone with an HR representative. They were not flexible with benefits, and would budge no more than 1% on the offer. I held out for about a week before I was told to make a decision or they would revoke the offer.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

I had 3 interviews that were each about 45 minutes long. Each person I met with was incredibly nice and easy to get along with. They didn't ask much technically at all, but more described their respective projects and then asked if I were interested. Then they would ask some basic background/ability questions but nothing that was difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• None, they were all really background and experience questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, I met with the hiring manager and went through routine questions. Hiring process was drawn out for no reason, they wanted me to start immediately, but took two weeks to get an offer letter. I then had to give proper notice to my employer at the time.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then in plant interview

Interview Questions

• Name a project where you struggled and how you overcame that struggle.   Answer Question