General Growth Properties

13 candidate interviews

Common Area Coordinator Interview

Common Area Coordinator
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Growth Properties.

Interview Details – Only had one interview with the General Manager. Best to bring unique ideas to the table and show your drive and leadership quality. Bring ideas for events, organization of the cart tenants, rents, etc. Show that you can produce without being told what to do.

Interview Question – How will you handle the cart tenants?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at General Growth Properties in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview w/ someone from corporate HR. Interview was fairly simple and relaxed. About three weeks later, I received a second interview with two people from mall management (one local and one state). Spoke about my background and how it's relevant to position. Brought samples of previous work to display my capabilities and give a clear idea of what I did at previous jobs as well as during my studies. The interview again was simple and very relaxed. Got my rejection letter :-( after several more weeks. Can't really pinpoint why I might have not offered the job except my salary requirements may have been too high.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background.   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Growth Properties in September 2008.

Interview Details – Met with staff level, managers, and vice president of the department in several different interviews. All very basic professional questions about my background and what they were looking for. No curveball questions.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate salary. Was successful in getting more vacation time.

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Tenant Coordinator
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at General Growth Properties in July 2008.

Interview Details – The process was rather easy. They flew me to Chicago the night before. I walked to the office and met with HR. They escorted me to the hiring manager. We spoke for about 1 hour and I left. By the time I reached the airport, I had an offer extended, and the job was excepted.

Interview Question – Explain my work background.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at General Growth Properties in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional, prompt and polite. One interviewer did not follow up with another phone call as promised but others have been very good about follow up. Still in the process. Will update.

Interview Questions

Corporate Accounting Interview

Corporate Accounting
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Growth Properties in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR first, was short and they sent me to Accounting Mgr. That phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I never heard back.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with an extreme workload in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Growth Properties in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by the general manager of a mall in the area. We met at a casual restaurant for a morning interview. He asked me questions sent to the gm by the hiring gm. Very friendly gm. Lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging part of my current job?   View Answer

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Tenant Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Growth Properties.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
from applying to hear from HR : 1 month
then from the 1st HR contact to 1st interview takes a week min
then 2 weeks after schedule 2nd interview
then again 2 weeks until HR call with offer / acceptance
then at least 3 weeks before 1st day on the job
A long process ... stay patient!

Interview Question – typical questions only   Answer Question

Property Accountant Interview

Property Accountant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at General Growth Properties.

Interview Details – Very positive experience. Specific questions and friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. I felt competent enough to answer all questions without any doubt. Most of the questions were concentrated on the specific technical issues of the position. Precise questions and answers. No generic questions.   View Answer

Property Accountant Interview

Property Accountant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Growth Properties.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter who found an old resume on the internet. The process was very straight forward. A phone interview, followed by about 2 hours of a series of interviews with different managers. An offer was made over the phone and details were ironed out in person. Straightforward as they come.

Interview Question – Standard personality questions.   Answer Question

Worked for General Growth Properties? Contribute to the Community!