General Growth Properties Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.7

Common Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Only had one interview with the General Manager. Best to bring unique ideas to the table and show your drive and leadership quality. Bring ideas for events, organization of the cart tenants, rents, etc. Show that you can produce without being told what to do.

Tourism and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via internet. Received email requesting my availability for phone screen as well as multiple questions; three of which I answered as "Confidential" given they wanted a breakdown of my salary, benefits, and bonuses. The day after returning my questions, I was given a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, with emphasis on event marketing' although it seemed any event marketing experience.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at General Growth Properties in December 2011.

Interview

Initial interview w/ someone from corporate HR. Interview was fairly simple and relaxed. About three weeks later, I received a second interview with two people from mall management (one local and one state). Spoke about my background and how it's relevant to position. Brought samples of previous work to display my capabilities and give a clear idea of what I did at previous jobs as well as during my studies. The interview again was simple and very relaxed. Got my rejection letter :-( after several more weeks. Can't really pinpoint why I might have not offered the job except my salary requirements may have been too high.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

The process was rather easy. They flew me to Chicago the night before. I walked to the office and met with HR. They escorted me to the hiring manager. We spoke for about 1 hour and I left. By the time I reached the airport, I had an offer extended, and the job was excepted.

Interview Questions

• Explain my work background.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Growth Properties in May 2011.

Interview

Very professional, prompt and polite. One interviewer did not follow up with another phone call as promised but others have been very good about follow up. Still in the process. Will update.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Went in and spoke with three different people. Nothing tricky was asked.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why GGP? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I spoke with a consultant hired to help find staff for the property accounting department and a Director in property accounting. I was asked about my work history and current duties. I was asked about specific job responsibilities at a previous employer in the same field. I was also told briefly about the job responsibilities and the structure of the department.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my biggest accomplishment/struggle I overcame in a professional setting.   Answer Question

Leasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was asked to complete a series of phone interviews that included typical questions regarding leadership, difficult situations I had to overcome, and why I was interested in GGP. I would definitely read up on the current operations at GGP as that seemed to impress the interviewer. Overall, I would give it a 2.5/5 on the difficulty scale.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you've encountered in school and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Met with staff level, managers, and vice president of the department in several different interviews. All very basic professional questions about my background and what they were looking for. No curveball questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary. Was successful in getting more vacation time.

Tenant Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Growth Properties (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 interviews from applying to hear from HR : 1 month then from the 1st HR contact to 1st interview takes a week min then 2 weeks after schedule 2nd interview then again 2 weeks until HR call with offer / acceptance then at least 3 weeks before 1st day on the job A long process ... stay patient!