General Mills

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in December 2013.

Interview Details – Is there a math test for administrative positions, if so is it multiplication, division, additions, fractions or what? Also, do they do an educational background check? I did not graduate HS.

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult questions during the phone interview, but I was ready for it/   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – It took about 3 months for the company to contact me. There are hurdles in order to stop anyone from actually contacting about an interview or really following up at all.
It's fairly frustrating to have to wait for so long for such a near-entry level position.
Mostly the entire contact was cold and mechanical, the woman who called didn't even say the right name at first.

Interview Question – Unexpected about what my ideal boss would be like. Also hinted at lowering my salary expectations.   Answer Question

Golden Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was given a full day schedule to meet with all the managers the position would be working with. I spent about 1/2 hour with each person and had lunch with the senior administrative assistant who was currently there.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!