General Mills

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.1

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

Great interview process, very friendly, professional environment. It was a little intimidating at first, but General Mills does a great job at making you feel welcome, and allowing you to be yourself throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • What have you failed at, at what did you learn from this failure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

Met at a campus career fair, applied online, offered an initial interview. They make sure you are okay with relocation and ask you to rank your top 3 location preferences. Pretty general questions. Was invited for a second round the next day with a different interviewer. Also had to complete some personality assessments and interest inventories.

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I went through the college recruitment process. There was an information session followed by interviews the next day. The interview was relaxed and comfortable itself. It was behavioral but also gave the opportunity to discuss my resume.

Business Management Associate Interview

Very standard corporate interview questions, great company culture and it seems like everyone liked their job and the people they worked with. seemed like it would be a good position, if you really enjoy very structured corporate like and red tape everywhere

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills.

1) Attended their company info session and went to their table at the career fair
    2) Invited to a special session after the fair for people they were seriously considering for BMA/internships
    3 1st round interview conducted with head recruiter. Very easy, was only asked 1-2 questions (where do you want to relocate/why do you like us?), and then for the remaining period, just talked casually
    3) 2nd round interview the next day, talked to current employee. Only asked 3-4 behavioral questions. Submitted a personality, behavioral, and math assessment later that day (math test is easy but asks you to sort and organize 5+ elements per problem with 1 minute/problem, kind of nervewrecking to finish on time)

I was informed that I would be notified early the following week about final round interviews. I never heard back until this past Wednesday with a rejection email. My second round interview had been 2 weeks before.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like what are three things your courses have taught you that help with this position; why are you the best fit; etc, etc.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I was first introduced to this opportunity through career fair at my college. The recruiter took my resume during the fair and invited me to attend an info session. I got the email to schedule an interview about week after the fair, and the interview itself happened about 1 month after

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. The interview starts off with intro to what the job entails, followed by standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills in November 2014.

General Mills came to our university's career fair & I was invited for an on-campus interview after meeting some of the current BMAs and the company's recruiter. First round consisted of behavioral questions. Was invited back immediately the next day for a second interview, which also was comprised of more behavioral questions. The second interview gave me a chance to ask more personal questions (the interviewer was a current employee). In addition, had to submit two online "assessments"--very easy, no prior preparation required. Was invited and flown out for third round interviews at one of the business centers, which gave me a chance to really gauge the company culture. General Mills really seems like a family and I enjoyed my entire interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were faced with making an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Mills.

1st round: video interview
    2nd round: video interview
    3rd round: online assessments/office interview
    The video interviews were straight forward and informative. Despite no face to face connection, I was able to gain an understanding for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Dropped off my resume at Career Fair at my university, was invited to a general information session two weeks later. Next day was first round interviews, got a call later that evening and was invited for a second round interview for the next morning. It's been two weeks, and I have no heard from them. Assuming I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell m about a time when you had to learn a technical skill on your own and what did you do.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills in October 2014.

Got an on campus interview scheduled for two weeks after the career fair. Interview questions were split 50/50 between general information questions and behavioral based questions. Interview experience was very pleasant for me but despite my best efforts and a great interview performance, I was not asked to come back for the second round. Great company with a great culture. If you have anything below a 3.4 GPA, don't fool yourself into thinking you have a chance. This is an extremely competitive position.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic behavioral based questions. Tell me about a time you used data extraction to support a claim, what happened and what was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question