General Mills

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Interview Question – Why not your previous employer?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – First Round- on campus interview
Second Round- on campus interview - personality and iQ tests
Final Round- office visit in MN.

Offer made a month after the office visit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at General Mills

Interview Details – Interviewed through my university. First round included a series of behavioral questions (30 min) and that night we found out if we got second round interviews.

Second round consisted of a hour of assessments (behavioral and analytical) and another 30-min behavioral interview. Was told that we were going to hear about third round by the end of the weekend. I ended up waiting for over 2 weeks before hearing any news.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview with two sales managers...a couple days later I received an email inviting me to second round interviews at HQ at the end of the month. I had to take 3 personality tests before the interview. There was a dinner the night before second rounds with 5 other candidates and 2 current BMAs. Dinner is completely informal and it allows the candidates to ask any question they would like. The dinner is not a part of the final decision. The day of second round interviews is long...starts with a breakfast around 8am and then 4 interviews throughout the day ending at 3pm. Recruiters will take 1-2 weeks to get back to applicants.

Interview Question – Behavior based questions...sales role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate...offer was very good.

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – Career Fair resume review, received interview invitation via e-mail, first round interview, call back the next day for second round interview with assessment test. If you get called back for the third round interview they will fly you to one of your selected top three locations and have the interview there. It has been over a month and I am still waiting to hear back for the final interview round as they have been continuing to interview and recruit at their other schools they attend

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone was disappointed with your actions   Answer Question

Business Management Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – The work culture seems awesome and great. The first round is all behavioral questions that typically lasts 30 minutes in person. Then, you have to take an assessment that has both personality and mathematical parts.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a problem that you couldn't control or fix and how did you come about it?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Mills in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career center, interviewed for first round and second round on back to back days on campus. Both were 30 minute behavioral interviews. Invited to Scottsdale, AZ for the 3rd (final round) interview. It is a 2 day process. Interviewed with 3 on-site managers for 30 minutes each and went to a dinner the night before to get to know employees and BMAs.

Interview Question – Why do you fit with General Mills?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – it was 2 interviews over a series of weeks. Both asked basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses, working in teams, career goals, and problem scenarios

Interview Question – What three qualities set you apart from all of the other candidates we are interviewing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at a career fair through my university. After giving her my resume and applying online, I heard back from this recruiter several weeks later offering me an on-campus interview.

The interview was very negative for me, and not just because I was not offered a position. My interviewer was running behind schedule, so she rushed through our 1-1, cutting me off on several questions and filling in words she assumed I would say. It was really frustrating and she was unprofessional, even asking me "are you Hispanic" because of my appearance and that I listed Spanish and Portuguese language skills on my resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a problem, and the form of communication you usually used was not appropriate for this situation.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initiated through career fair at my university...very friendly recruiters and pretty straightforward interview process. All behavioral questions, i.e. "tell me about a leadership experience," "tell me about a time when you had to take a risk" etc. total of three rounds of interviews with the last round at their business center in Scottsdale, AZ

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they were initially hesitant about   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills Videos

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills Business Management Associate interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees and interview candidates.