General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Mills in March 2015.

Met through career fair and applied through school website. Was emailed and was told that I had been selected for an interview. Went in for the interview, very informal, but pretty awkward. Questions caught me off guard a bit. The interviewer was very nice but was typing away the whole time which was pretty nerve-wracking. Was told that I'd know if I got to the 2nd interview (which was the next day) by that night. Did not receive a phone call or email which I thought was very rude, I at least expected a rejection email.

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Mills in March 2015.

Applied through my university. Asked to interview. First round all behavioral, invited back for another the next day. Got through. Then 600 question personality test! tedious. 20 question deductive reasoning test was tough, but doable. Invited to final round at HQ. 3 30 minute interviews with higher level management. Everyone was incredibly nice, very helpful. HQ is amazing. The questions are never tricky or too difficult always straight forward and will work with you to find out more about your answer.

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

Great interview process, very friendly, professional environment. It was a little intimidating at first, but General Mills does a great job at making you feel welcome, and allowing you to be yourself throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • What have you failed at, at what did you learn from this failure?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

Met at a campus career fair, applied online, offered an initial interview. They make sure you are okay with relocation and ask you to rank your top 3 location preferences. Pretty general questions. Was invited for a second round the next day with a different interviewer. Also had to complete some personality assessments and interest inventories.

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills in February 2015.

It was a very smooth process. I applied through our campus career center and received notification that I had be invited for a first round interview. The night before the interview they held an info session to give more info about the company and the position. The interview was very fast and straightforward. Very Kind people.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working at General Mills and in sales?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I went through the college recruitment process. There was an information session followed by interviews the next day. The interview was relaxed and comfortable itself. It was behavioral but also gave the opportunity to discuss my resume.

Business Management Associate Interview

Very standard corporate interview questions, great company culture and it seems like everyone liked their job and the people they worked with. seemed like it would be a good position, if you really enjoy very structured corporate like and red tape everywhere

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills.

1) Attended their company info session and went to their table at the career fair
    2) Invited to a special session after the fair for people they were seriously considering for BMA/internships
    3 1st round interview conducted with head recruiter. Very easy, was only asked 1-2 questions (where do you want to relocate/why do you like us?), and then for the remaining period, just talked casually
    3) 2nd round interview the next day, talked to current employee. Only asked 3-4 behavioral questions. Submitted a personality, behavioral, and math assessment later that day (math test is easy but asks you to sort and organize 5+ elements per problem with 1 minute/problem, kind of nervewrecking to finish on time)

I was informed that I would be notified early the following week about final round interviews. I never heard back until this past Wednesday with a rejection email. My second round interview had been 2 weeks before.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like what are three things your courses have taught you that help with this position; why are you the best fit; etc, etc.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I was first introduced to this opportunity through career fair at my college. The recruiter took my resume during the fair and invited me to attend an info session. I got the email to schedule an interview about week after the fair, and the interview itself happened about 1 month after

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. The interview starts off with intro to what the job entails, followed by standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills in November 2014.

General Mills came to our university's career fair & I was invited for an on-campus interview after meeting some of the current BMAs and the company's recruiter. First round consisted of behavioral questions. Was invited back immediately the next day for a second interview, which also was comprised of more behavioral questions. The second interview gave me a chance to ask more personal questions (the interviewer was a current employee). In addition, had to submit two online "assessments"--very easy, no prior preparation required. Was invited and flown out for third round interviews at one of the business centers, which gave me a chance to really gauge the company culture. General Mills really seems like a family and I enjoyed my entire interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were faced with making an unpopular decision   Answer Question