General Mills Business Management Associate Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills.

First Round- on campus interview
    Second Round- on campus interview - personality and iQ tests
    Final Round- office visit in MN.

Offer made a month after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

On campus interview with two sales managers...a couple days later I received an email inviting me to second round interviews at HQ at the end of the month. I had to take 3 personality tests before the interview. There was a dinner the night before second rounds with 5 other candidates and 2 current BMAs. Dinner is completely informal and it allows the candidates to ask any question they would like. The dinner is not a part of the final decision. The day of second round interviews is long...starts with a breakfast around 8am and then 4 interviews throughout the day ending at 3pm. Recruiters will take 1-2 weeks to get back to applicants.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate...offer was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills in October 2011.

I met with a recruiter at a career fair through my university. After giving her my resume and applying online, I heard back from this recruiter several weeks later offering me an on-campus interview.

The interview was very negative for me, and not just because I was not offered a position. My interviewer was running behind schedule, so she rushed through our 1-1, cutting me off on several questions and filling in words she assumed I would say. It was really frustrating and she was unprofessional, even asking me "are you Hispanic" because of my appearance and that I listed Spanish and Portuguese language skills on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem, and the form of communication you usually used was not appropriate for this situation.   Answer Question