General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Mills in September 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to a recruiter to express interest about working for GMI. We talked over my resume and why I would be interested in working for the Mill. He set up a phone screen with another recruiter, and a week later I was flying to Minneapolis! At HQ I interviewed with three Director/VP level employees on a one-on-one basis. While there, I also took an IQ, judgement, and personality test. They were fast on the turn around. I had an offer on hand while I was waiting at the airport for my flight. During the time allowed to make the decision, recruiters, managers, and alumni from my school reached out to congratulate me and offer their perspectives. Great people and a great recruiting process.

Interview Question – What attribute is most important for an organization to be successful? Provide an example.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – As I spoke with others in the role, I realized that my work would be more about executing really well the decisions of others. Other opportunities available to me allowed for greater autonomy and impact.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Chanhassen, MN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at the manufacturing plant in Chanhassen, MN is a mess. After our initial phone interview the hiring manager said he would get back to me in 1 to 2 days. I finally contacted him 5 days later. From there an interview was scheduled for me to come on site and meet with him and 3 other members of the team. He told me 3 times he would send me an interview schedule. The schedule did not arrive until 20 minutes before the interview was to start and by that time I was already there and ready to go. In our interview he stated I would hear from him either way at the beginning of the following week (4-5 days). It's been almost 2 weeks now and I haven't heard anything back.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to improve a process? What did you suggest and what were the results.   Answer Question

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!