General Mills

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills.

Met with recruiter at career fair, scheduled on campus interview. Behavior interview that encouraged the use of the STAR method. Fairly straightforward questions, a few about analytical skills. Gave notice of their decision within 3 days.

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

Applied through campus career center for an interview. 5 Days after sending in application, I was invited for an on campus interview. They gave me a 30 minute time slot, with two interviewers, who took turn asking me technical and behavioral questions. Interviewers feverishly took notes, writing down almost everything I said.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of the biggest challenges facing a processed food company like General Mills?
      If the price of flour rises, how does this affect General Mills?

Answer Question

2 on campus interviews. Fit, technical

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

Interviewed for one of their internship positions (Business Management Associate Summer Interns F15 position). Their recruiting process ended in early October, and was extremely short. First round and second round interviews were 24 hours apart. Offers were given afterward. Keep this in mind and research their campus recruiting in advance if you really want to work for General Mills. Compared to most internships, this is pretty early.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals in the next five years?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills.

General Mills focuses a lot of college career fairs. I talked to an engineer to referred me to the manager. He asked me a few questions about my resume and why General Mills. I was called the same day for on campus interviews the next day.
    First round was just behavioral with a two employees. Asked the general questions you can expect.
    Second round was a 12 minute quantitative exam (SAT style), a personality test online, and another behavioral interview lasting about 45 minutes.
    My friend got an offer the same day. I did not get an offer and was contacted a month later.

Interview Questions
    • The written exam is 50 questions in 12 minutes at a very, very early time in the morning.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There was significant screening of applications prior to a small number of interviews being granted for the internship. The interview was conducted by a team of 2, including a dedicated corporate recruiter and one of the line managers. It started with a resume review and then included several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use social media to market a new breakfast cereal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

There are two interviews with two different people. Both technical and behavioral based questions during the interview. The technical questions ranged from "difference between accounting and finance" and "what do you look for when buying a company." And many of the behavioral based questions were about working in teams whether good or bad experiences.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

The interview was very behavioral. It started with a walk-through of my resume and previous internship experience. Then we discussed project experiences and learning opportunities. No technical-intense questions were asked throughout all of the interview stages.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the introspective questions as follow-up to work experience were unexpected, but none of the questions were exceedingly difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a 30 minute phone screen. The phone screen was very behavioral and was focused on leadership and conflict resolution. There were also some questions that were department specific. After the phone screen the second round was at the HQ and it was with 4 people. The interview questions were very behavioral and "walk me through your resume".

Interview Questions
    • What is your most significant leadership experience and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Mills in October 2012.

I met with them at a career fair at my university. They set up an interview time for later in the week that was in a room on campus. Once the interview was done they offered me the position as they needed to have all interns names into corporate by that evening. Quick process, competitive pay.

Interview Questions
    • If you were working at night and all the machines went down, what would you do if you needed everything to be done by the morning   Answer Question

I declined because the position did not exactly match up with what I wanted to do in supply chain management