General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Great experience. Met at career fair, invited to first interview. Very relaxed and straightforward. Invited back the next day for second interview with different manager. Interviews were very comfortable and even enjoyable

Buyer Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Rounds of interviews back to back and took 3 tests (1 day of interview, 2 prior to onsite interviews). Phone interview, additional onsite interviews (both formal and informal). Great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went against what your manager/supervisor advised you of, what was the situation and outcome of your decision?   Answer Question

Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

STAR/Behavioral focused. Very quick feedback from corporate HR. A few challenging in-person questions, but overall very formal. HR and company were exceedingly polite, accommodating and quick in correspondence. Recruiter screen. 2 phone interviews with relevant team. "Formal" interview with branch office/team. Formal interview at corporate HQ with case project, assessment and personality tests. 4 weeks to complete interview processes. 2 weeks for contingency screens.

Interview Questions

• If a competitor launched a new product that you were unable to match in the marketplace, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very understanding and accommodating on expectations/needs. Listened very well. Offer was made and specific conversation points were addressed. I did not negotiate further based of initial offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks and met with hiring manager, her boss and HR. It seems they were happy with the recommendation from the recruiter, as the interview was very simple and more of a conversation than questions and answers.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Mills (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was directed to the Company website. I filled out the Company application, added a cover letter and resume and received an email inviting me to a phone screen about 2 weeks later. The phone screen was short but the questions were sharp. Be sure you are focused. The pool of applicants is typically large and if you've made it this far, you want to make it to the next phase. The 60-minute behavioral face-to-face interview is with your future boss and a good opportunity to feel out the chemistry between the two of you.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your communication style.   Answer Question
    • Q: You are going to meet with a store manager for the first time, how do you prepare?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met through career fair and applied through school website. Was emailed and was told that I had been selected for an interview. Went in for the interview, very informal, but pretty awkward. Questions caught me off guard a bit. The interviewer was very nice but was typing away the whole time which was pretty nerve-wracking. Was told that I'd know if I got to the 2nd interview (which was the next day) by that night. Did not receive a phone call or email which I thought was very rude, I at least expected a rejection email.

Business Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Mills in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university. Asked to interview. First round all behavioral, invited back for another the next day. Got through. Then 600 question personality test! tedious. 20 question deductive reasoning test was tough, but doable. Invited to final round at HQ. 3 30 minute interviews with higher level management. Everyone was incredibly nice, very helpful. HQ is amazing. The questions are never tricky or too difficult always straight forward and will work with you to find out more about your answer.

Promotions Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called to set up a phone screen. Passed the screen and was called in for a half day of interviews with a cross functional group and computer based tests. The process was lengthy.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Mills (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very general asking the basic questions such as weaknesses and all. It was in person for about 20-30min. They also ask questions regarding behavior - such as what would you do in this situation. Imagine you are the head of marketing and this cereal is your project how would you start your project. Just make sure to be prepared for imagined scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how would you overcome it?   Answer Question

Campus Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at General Mills in March 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews and they were both really interactive and very fun. The whole hiring process was easy to understand and they were very professional. I have not started the position yet but am very excited to. they do panel interviews and I thought that was very creative and interactive