General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.2

RSR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at General Mills in January 2010.

The hiring process is lengthy..it will take almost 3 months before being contacted. First a phone, then a face to face IF they deem you a possible candidate. You will have to take a drug test, which is standard, and then all paperwork is sent into the company..From there is a contact from the manager of who you will be working for.

Interview Questions
    • If a manager asked you to handle a situation in an unethical manner, knowing that it could mean you keeping your job, would you do it, knowing that no one would find out ..   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It is what it is! And they will tell you that this position will not lead to advancement within the company, even though it may be within a different division...that is not true.

R&D Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills in October 2011.

Must be a contractor before hiring. Once a place like Lab Staffing gets you a position you are essentially working to get hired for several months. If you're lucky you will be placed wherever they need a technician. If they don't then you are asked to leave.

Interview Questions
    • What is your goal for working as an R&D Technician at general mills.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in August 2013.

Interview process was very thorough, but answering the same question to a set of committee members was redundant and not very forward thinking. Boredom sets in after the 4th hour of interviews and answering the same behavioral question. The skills test of the same questions to see how many questions you can answer in 30 minutes seemed pointless. I wasn't told what purpose it served given the nature of the job and what I actually would have been doing.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at General Mills in August 2014.

They called a week later, had a phone call interview with the hiring manager of the plant. They asked technical questions that was related to the plant. They told me they would forward their recommendations to HR

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior questions related to production. What would I do if I had a conflict with product and how I would resolve the issue   Answer Question

Business Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in May 2013.

It was a 30 minute phone interview with HR then 4 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard HR questions. Literally read for a paper word for word the questions. They did not derail from the HR questions.   Answer Question
    Very strange. My offer letter had 2 different job titles on it, neither of which I had actually interviewed for. It wasn't until 2 days before I started my job that I finally learned which role I would have.

Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Very professional and friendly. All HR personnel were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. On-site interview was demanding but not difficult. All behavioral type questions and leadership based. Really got a good feel for the atmosphere and culture. Interview on-site consisted of five 45 minute interviews with management and plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to answer the same questions many times.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at General Mills in March 2010.

The hiring and interview process was straightforward with no "trick" interview questions. Very relaxed and friendly

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any. Oh, wait...the manager asked me if I planned to wear jeans with a heart shaped patch on the butt. Then he laughed, knowing full well a reasonable employee would never thing of doing that.   View Answer

Business Management Associate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Applied through career services. Was interviewed on campus. Two rounds of behavioral type questions. They were very straightforward and transparent with their process and the benefits/downsides to the position. They are very interested in retaining their interns for full time positions in the future so they want to get it right the first time. Everyone was very kind and helpful throughout the process. You are allowed to voice your preference for location.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Simple behavioral, "tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

It was a formal interview on my campus. I thought it was not going to be too bad, but the lady asked me how many interviews I previously had and I said none because this was my first chance to intern. She couldn't believe me and was astonished when I repeated the same answer. Then she seemed to type for what seemed like 30 seconds. The interview was very awkward after that. It almost seemed if she was not interested after I answered her number of interviews question.

Continuous Improvment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Very thorough interview process, definitely puts you through the paces. Weeds out folks who are not a good fit, for the most part.

Interview Questions
    Used a recruiter and also directly with direct supervisor.

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!