General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough, but answering the same question to a set of committee members was redundant and not very forward thinking. Boredom sets in after the 4th hour of interviews and answering the same behavioral question. The skills test of the same questions to see how many questions you can answer in 30 minutes seemed pointless. I wasn't told what purpose it served given the nature of the job and what I actually would have been doing.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at General Mills in August 2014.

Interview Details – They called a week later, had a phone call interview with the hiring manager of the plant. They asked technical questions that was related to the plant. They told me they would forward their recommendations to HR

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavior questions related to production. What would I do if I had a conflict with product and how I would resolve the issue   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Category Analyst Interview

Business Category Analyst
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview with HR then 4 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Very standard HR questions. Literally read for a paper word for word the questions. They did not derail from the HR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very strange. My offer letter had 2 different job titles on it, neither of which I had actually interviewed for. It wasn't until 2 days before I started my job that I finally learned which role I would have.

Management Coordinator Interview

Management Coordinator
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Very professional and friendly. All HR personnel were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. On-site interview was demanding but not difficult. All behavioral type questions and leadership based. Really got a good feel for the atmosphere and culture. Interview on-site consisted of five 45 minute interviews with management and plant tour.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to answer the same questions many times.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Intern Interview

Business Management Associate Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Was interviewed on campus. Two rounds of behavioral type questions. They were very straightforward and transparent with their process and the benefits/downsides to the position. They are very interested in retaining their interns for full time positions in the future so they want to get it right the first time. Everyone was very kind and helpful throughout the process. You are allowed to voice your preference for location.

Interview Question – None really. Simple behavioral, "tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at General Mills in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was straightforward with no "trick" interview questions. Very relaxed and friendly

Interview Question – I can't remember any. Oh, wait...the manager asked me if I planned to wear jeans with a heart shaped patch on the butt. Then he laughed, knowing full well a reasonable employee would never thing of doing that.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a formal interview on my campus. I thought it was not going to be too bad, but the lady asked me how many interviews I previously had and I said none because this was my first chance to intern. She couldn't believe me and was astonished when I repeated the same answer. Then she seemed to type for what seemed like 30 seconds. The interview was very awkward after that. It almost seemed if she was not interested after I answered her number of interviews question.

Interview Question – How many interviews have you previously had?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvment Manager Interview

Continuous Improvment Manager
Carson, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process, definitely puts you through the paces. Weeds out folks who are not a good fit, for the most part.

Interview Question – What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Used a recruiter and also directly with direct supervisor.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on school website. On campus interview

Interview Question – Two technical questions and the rest are behavior questions   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Business Management Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Interview Question – Why not your previous employer?   Answer Question

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!