General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.2

Bma Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

There were two behavioral interviews followed by an assessment. This test assessed my personality like a Meyers-Briggs test in order to see if I would be a good fit for the company, as well as tested my analytical ability. Overall, it was pretty straight forward and there were not a lot of curve ball questions.

Food Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Mills.

I got the interview through an info session in my department. I submitted my resume online, once I was contacted about an interview I had to submit a short campus recruitment online application form. On campus interview with 2 current employees. Ran very behind schedule but the interview was comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions (What would you do if/what steps would you take if/etc). Technical questions (how would you address this problem with ingredient/in plant; what changes in product if switched ingredient A with ingredient B; etc)   Answer Question

Associate Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online – interviewed at General Mills.

Once the online application was submitted, I had a 30 minute phone interview. Then I was offered an onsite interview for 3 hours. Before arriving I was asked to complete an assessment online. Once I arrived, I completed another assessment and met with 6 individuals over 3 hours for interviews. One of the individuals I met with was a peer in the role and they brought me around the facility to show me what it was like to work at the office. It was more informal and I was able to ask job related questions to that person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were given a project with limited instruction and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills in October 2014.

Pre-selected through university careers office. Interview questions were mostly HR. But the interview was conducted by technical people. I think the technical people should stick to asking technical questions. The HR personnel are there in the company for a reason. Little disappointed since the HR unqualified people were evaluating our HR performance.

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills in October 2014.

Got an on campus interview scheduled for two weeks after the career fair. Interview questions were split 50/50 between general information questions and behavioral based questions. Interview experience was very pleasant for me but despite my best efforts and a great interview performance, I was not asked to come back for the second round. Great company with a great culture. If you have anything below a 3.4 GPA, don't fool yourself into thinking you have a chance. This is an extremely competitive position.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic behavioral based questions. Tell me about a time you used data extraction to support a claim, what happened and what was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills.

I interview through my school. They have 2 interviews and a sales pitch. Asked many different behavioral questions about experiences that relate to the job description. Like using data to make decisions or drafting a project. How well you work in a team and what's your role.

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills.

I attended a career fair at my university and was offered an informal interview after the recruiter looked over my resume. The interview was very laid-back. It was almost entirely behavioral questions following the STAR method. They just wanted to get a feel for how a candidate would react in different scenarios. The interview was just a pre-screening procedure as I was not applying for a job/internship at that time. They just wanted to get me into their system.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Just the standard "tell me about a time where you failed" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

Applied through campus career center for an interview. 5 Days after sending in application, I was invited for an on campus interview. They gave me a 30 minute time slot, with two interviewers, who took turn asking me technical and behavioral questions. Interviewers feverishly took notes, writing down almost everything I said.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of the biggest challenges facing a processed food company like General Mills?
      If the price of flour rises, how does this affect General Mills?
        Answer Question

LMA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an info session and I unsuspectingly got an email asking for an interview the next day. The first interview was very typical and a lot of "give me a time when..." questions. Experience was very beneficial to this interview. I was then asked to come to the second round of interviews which were two days after. The second round consisted of a 12 minute assessment of matching, vocab, and visionary testing. Later that day we had the second interview with a different recruiter that was energetic and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to work with and adjust to your team members ways.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Mills in August 2014.

They called a week later, had a phone call interview with the hiring manager of the plant. They asked technical questions that was related to the plant. They told me they would forward their recommendations to HR

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior questions related to production. What would I do if I had a conflict with product and how I would resolve the issue   Answer Question