General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Business Category Analyst Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview with HR then 4 face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Very standard HR questions. Literally read for a paper word for word the questions. They did not derail from the HR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very strange. My offer letter had 2 different job titles on it, neither of which I had actually interviewed for. It wasn't until 2 days before I started my job that I finally learned which role I would have.

Management Coordinator Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Very professional and friendly. All HR personnel were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. On-site interview was demanding but not difficult. All behavioral type questions and leadership based. Really got a good feel for the atmosphere and culture. Interview on-site consisted of five 45 minute interviews with management and plant tour.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to answer the same questions many times.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at General Mills in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was straightforward with no "trick" interview questions. Very relaxed and friendly

Interview Question – I can't remember any. Oh, wait...the manager asked me if I planned to wear jeans with a heart shaped patch on the butt. Then he laughed, knowing full well a reasonable employee would never thing of doing that.   View Answer

Business Management Associate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Was interviewed on campus. Two rounds of behavioral type questions. They were very straightforward and transparent with their process and the benefits/downsides to the position. They are very interested in retaining their interns for full time positions in the future so they want to get it right the first time. Everyone was very kind and helpful throughout the process. You are allowed to voice your preference for location.

Interview Question – None really. Simple behavioral, "tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a formal interview on my campus. I thought it was not going to be too bad, but the lady asked me how many interviews I previously had and I said none because this was my first chance to intern. She couldn't believe me and was astonished when I repeated the same answer. Then she seemed to type for what seemed like 30 seconds. The interview was very awkward after that. It almost seemed if she was not interested after I answered her number of interviews question.

Interview Question – How many interviews have you previously had?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvment Manager Interview

Carson, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process, definitely puts you through the paces. Weeds out folks who are not a good fit, for the most part.

Interview Question – What would you change about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Used a recruiter and also directly with direct supervisor.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on school website. On campus interview

Interview Question – Two technical questions and the rest are behavior questions   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Interview Question – Why not your previous employer?   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Structured as a behavioral interview

Interview Question – When have you had to tell someone what to do?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interview on campus after career fair. Two people showed up for the interview, taking turns asking questions. Mostly behavioral questions and towards the end a few technical questions geared towards my basic understanding of certain programs. Overall good experience, should have prepared more for the interview since there were a few unexpected questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills Videos

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills interview questions and advice. All 231 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees and interview candidates.