General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interview on campus after career fair. Two people showed up for the interview, taking turns asking questions. Mostly behavioral questions and towards the end a few technical questions geared towards my basic understanding of certain programs. Overall good experience, should have prepared more for the interview since there were a few unexpected questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Sanitation Operator Interview

Sanitation Operator

Interviewed at General Mills

Interview Details – Application, resume, interview, orientation week.

Interview Question – What do you know about the sanitation process.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Recruiters were very professional and easy to work with. Reasoning test and behavioral based interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you ran out of time on a project? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am looking for a career in a different industry.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews. Fit, technical

Interview Question – How have you been innovative?   Answer Question

Food Scientist Interview

Food Scientist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round on-campus interview with a senior scientist/manager, onsite interview with 4 people (R&D scientist, manager and HR) separately. Standard behavioral questions + some technical questions.

Interview Question – Most are Tell me a time ...type questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Human Resources Manager Interview

Assistant Human Resources Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in January 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple onsite interviews

Interview Question – Where I made biggest impact to someone else's career.   Answer Question

Brand Manager - Intern Interview

Brand Manager - Intern

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the National Society of Hispanic MBA (NSHMBA) Conference in San Antonio, Texas in 2013.

Was asked detailed brand management questions even though had barely started my MBA program! The interviewer was also stand-offish.

If you want an internship here, start learning about brand management even before you start your MBA program.

Interview Question – Technical questions on brand management. Was expecting more behavioral.   Answer Question

Associate Planner Interview

Associate Planner

Interviewed at General Mills

Interview Details – First interview on campus: half behavioral, half case questions. Completed online personality assessment ahead of time. Called down to WHQ for second interview- extremely long day! Dinner with potential colleague the night before where they answer any questions you may have (chill), then 4 interviews + logical thinking exam and case to prepare. Long day but lots of fun and meet lots of exciting people.

Interview Question – Develop a campaign on the spot for Nature Valley bars.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Marketing Communications

Interview Details – Applied online through university's career website and landed a first round interview. It was mostly behavioral, but they also asked questions regarding what I would do in certain situations as well.
The same night I received a call back for a second round. The next morning I went in and took an assessment, then did a second round interview with a higher level executive, and answered more situational questions.
The interviewers are very laid back, nice, and make you feel very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you missed a deadline and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in December 2013.

Interview Details – Is there a math test for administrative positions, if so is it multiplication, division, additions, fractions or what? Also, do they do an educational background check? I did not graduate HS.

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult questions during the phone interview, but I was ready for it/   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills