General Mills

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

3.2

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills.

I attended a career fair at my university and was offered an informal interview after the recruiter looked over my resume. The interview was very laid-back. It was almost entirely behavioral questions following the STAR method. They just wanted to get a feel for how a candidate would react in different scenarios. The interview was just a pre-screening procedure as I was not applying for a job/internship at that time. They just wanted to get me into their system.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Just the standard "tell me about a time where you failed" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

Applied through campus career center for an interview. 5 Days after sending in application, I was invited for an on campus interview. They gave me a 30 minute time slot, with two interviewers, who took turn asking me technical and behavioral questions. Interviewers feverishly took notes, writing down almost everything I said.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of the biggest challenges facing a processed food company like General Mills?
      If the price of flour rises, how does this affect General Mills?

Answer Question

LMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills in September 2014.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an info session and I unsuspectingly got an email asking for an interview the next day. The first interview was very typical and a lot of "give me a time when..." questions. Experience was very beneficial to this interview. I was then asked to come to the second round of interviews which were two days after. The second round consisted of a 12 minute assessment of matching, vocab, and visionary testing. Later that day we had the second interview with a different recruiter that was energetic and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to work with and adjust to your team members ways.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Mills in August 2014.

They called a week later, had a phone call interview with the hiring manager of the plant. They asked technical questions that was related to the plant. They told me they would forward their recommendations to HR

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior questions related to production. What would I do if I had a conflict with product and how I would resolve the issue   Answer Question

Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

Very professional and friendly. All HR personnel were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. On-site interview was demanding but not difficult. All behavioral type questions and leadership based. Really got a good feel for the atmosphere and culture. Interview on-site consisted of five 45 minute interviews with management and plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to answer the same questions many times.   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills.

Applied through career services. Was interviewed on campus. Two rounds of behavioral type questions. They were very straightforward and transparent with their process and the benefits/downsides to the position. They are very interested in retaining their interns for full time positions in the future so they want to get it right the first time. Everyone was very kind and helpful throughout the process. You are allowed to voice your preference for location.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Simple behavioral, "tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Continuous Improvment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills.

Very thorough interview process, definitely puts you through the paces. Weeds out folks who are not a good fit, for the most part.

Interview Questions
    Used a recruiter and also directly with direct supervisor.

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Structured as a behavioral interview

Sanitation Operator Interview

Application, resume, interview, orientation week.