General Mills

235 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bma Interview

Bma

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview on campus . behavioural interview. very nice and friendly person.
called back for second round interview. 1 1/2 hours. one hour of logic questions followed by behavioral interview. very positive.
called back for final interview.

Interview Question – what innovative idea have you come up with in a previous job?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager

I applied online and interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email stating interest. Then had to fill out a questionnaire and forward to recruiter so she could send to hiring manager. If they want to move forward you then had a phone interview.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, just have your answers ready   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Intern- Quality Associate Internship Interview

Chemical Engineering Intern- Quality Associate Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from a recruiter who was interested in my resume and invited me to their booth at the career fair/information session. Interview seemed a bit strained on their end- went straight into behavioral questions and never asked anything about my resume/experiences. There were two interviewers and they both kept looking at each other as if to see who was going to ask the next question. The technical questions were situations regarding a potato chip fryer and fruit roll ups. They asked questions to see how you would go about problem solving/maximizing efficiency. Overall the interview was not as comfortable/conversational as other interviews I have had, but was standard difficulty with regards to the questions.

Interview Question – Asked some standard behavioral questions about working in a team, etc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Intern Interview

Retail Sales Representative Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I applied for General Mills through my school. The questions were behavioral but the woman was typing what I said as I spoke, which made things a bit uncomfortable. She said she would get back to me a few hours later and never did. The questions were basic but she did not show interest so I found myself going on and on.

Interview Question – How many other interviews do you have? Have you received any offers?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Business Management Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – The work culture seems awesome and great. The first round is all behavioral questions that typically lasts 30 minutes in person. Then, you have to take an assessment that has both personality and mathematical parts.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a problem that you couldn't control or fix and how did you come about it?   Answer Question

MEA Intern Interview

MEA Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Very standard behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell us a situation where you had to adapt to change and how you did so   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – General Mills is very selective of the individuals it hires. They want talent but since this analyst role leads to eventual customer contact, they need brains and personality! Be yourself and don't be shy because GMI wants someone with confidence that they are comfortable putting in front of a director. Career Fair, three rounds of behavioral interviews, drug and background tests

Interview Question – With your background, why General Mills and not some I-Banking Firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as I was coming right out of college, take it or leave it really

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very good process, easy to network with and friendly people. First round interview was rather formal and stiff, interviewer mostly stuck to the questions rather than being engaging, unusual given the friendly culture.

Interview Question – How does Wall Street value a company?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Maintenance Mechanic
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I applied during a job fair. they kept me waiting for 5 hours. then told me to come back. I came back. took the test. had a 1 on 1 interview with the maintenance team leader. was told I had the job, but when I came in the first day, after I had quit my previous job, they told me they couldn't pay me what I was told during the hiring process.

Interview Question – there were no hard questions. most of the questions had nothing to do with the job I was hired for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – find out what the pay is, from someone with more authority than a supervisor.

Manufacturing Engineering Associate (MEA) Intern Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Associate (MEA) Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – Made initial contact at my school's career fair, was asked to apply online and was contacted that night for an interview the next morning.

The first interview was with one interviewer who went straight into 4-5 behavioral questions before asking if I had any questions (~30 min). That evening I got a call saying I made it to the next round and was required to take an assessment the next morning before my final interview. The final interview was with two interviewers and consisted of 6-7 behavioral questions with follow up questions for each response before asking if I had any questions (~50 min).

The offer came the day after my final interview. They give a list of plant locations that take interns, positions are first come first serve once they start extending offers. Process took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, have several specific examples of experiences ready. They don't try to make this a difficult interview but be prepared to go into details.   Answer Question
  • They waste no time in getting straight to behavioral questions, when they ask about your questions it's your chance to steer the conversation toward why you are excited about the work General Mills does and why you want to be a part of it. The culture promotes a lot of pride in the General Mills name and brands so passion for the company and their work is incredibly valued.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive salary (50% more than I had made at previous internships) and a housing stipend that varies according to your location choice. No negotiation needed.