General Mills Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.2

Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Very professional and friendly. All HR personnel were extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. On-site interview was demanding but not difficult. All behavioral type questions and leadership based. Really got a good feel for the atmosphere and culture. Interview on-site consisted of five 45 minute interviews with management and plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to answer the same questions many times.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Applied through career services. Was interviewed on campus. Two rounds of behavioral type questions. They were very straightforward and transparent with their process and the benefits/downsides to the position. They are very interested in retaining their interns for full time positions in the future so they want to get it right the first time. Everyone was very kind and helpful throughout the process. You are allowed to voice your preference for location.

Interview Questions

• None really. Simple behavioral, "tell me about a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Continuous Improvment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Mills (Carson, CA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process, definitely puts you through the paces. Weeds out folks who are not a good fit, for the most part.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Used a recruiter and also directly with direct supervisor.

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Structured as a behavioral interview

Sanitation Operator Interview

Interview

Application, resume, interview, orientation week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Recruiters were very professional and easy to work with. Reasoning test and behavioral based interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you ran out of time on a project? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

I am looking for a career in a different industry.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 on campus interviews. Fit, technical

Associate Planner Interview

Interview

First interview on campus: half behavioral, half case questions. Completed online personality assessment ahead of time. Called down to WHQ for second interview- extremely long day! Dinner with potential colleague the night before where they answer any questions you may have (chill), then 4 interviews + logical thinking exam and case to prepare. Long day but lots of fun and meet lots of exciting people.

Interview Questions

• Develop a campaign on the spot for Nature Valley bars.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online through university's career website and landed a first round interview. It was mostly behavioral, but they also asked questions regarding what I would do in certain situations as well.
    The same night I received a call back for a second round. The next morning I went in and took an assessment, then did a second round interview with a higher level executive, and answered more situational questions.
    The interviewers are very laid back, nice, and make you feel very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you missed a deadline and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question