General Mills Interview Questions

3.2

Business Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

The interview was conducted by two Business Planning Managers for 30 mins each. Questions mainly focused on analytical skills and experiences and data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but the interview was very open-ended. Tell me about yourself and then "what questions do you have for me?".   Answer Question

Business Manager Associate Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Applied through school and company website, missed the reception but was contacted for an interview. They asked basic questions at first, location and interest, etc. I wasn't asked to tell about myself, but instead, they kind of jumped into several behavioral questions. The recruiters all seemed outgoing and friendly, and gives me the impression that the workplace is challenging but somewhat laid-back.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation in which you had a bad relationship with a group member or teammate that you had to work with?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

After sending my resume to several people finally one of their recruiters contacted me and we scheduled a phone interview that lasted 25 minutes. We discussed my professional experience and she explained what the job was about. She then sent me a questionnaire by email that I had to fill in giving more details about my experience and explaining some of my achievements. She forwarded it to the Finance department for them to evaluate if they were interested in having a personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • During your professional career, what have you studied or what courses have you attended in order to develop your skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

There are two interviews with two different people. Both technical and behavioral based questions during the interview. The technical questions ranged from "difference between accounting and finance" and "what do you look for when buying a company." And many of the behavioral based questions were about working in teams whether good or bad experiences.

Bma Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

1st round interview on campus . behavioural interview. very nice and friendly person.
    called back for second round interview. 1 1/2 hours. one hour of logic questions followed by behavioral interview. very positive.
    called back for final interview.

Interview Questions
    • what innovative idea have you come up with in a previous job?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at General Mills.

Applied online and received email stating interest. Then had to fill out a questionnaire and forward to recruiter so she could send to hiring manager. If they want to move forward you then had a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, just have your answers ready   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Intern- Quality Associate Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

I got an email from a recruiter who was interested in my resume and invited me to their booth at the career fair/information session. Interview seemed a bit strained on their end- went straight into behavioral questions and never asked anything about my resume/experiences. There were two interviewers and they both kept looking at each other as if to see who was going to ask the next question. The technical questions were situations regarding a potato chip fryer and fruit roll ups. They asked questions to see how you would go about problem solving/maximizing efficiency. Overall the interview was not as comfortable/conversational as other interviews I have had, but was standard difficulty with regards to the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some standard behavioral questions about working in a team, etc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

I applied for General Mills through my school. The questions were behavioral but the woman was typing what I said as I spoke, which made things a bit uncomfortable. She said she would get back to me a few hours later and never did. The questions were basic but she did not show interest so I found myself going on and on.

Interview Questions
    • How many other interviews do you have? Have you received any offers?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Mills.

The work culture seems awesome and great. The first round is all behavioral questions that typically lasts 30 minutes in person. Then, you have to take an assessment that has both personality and mathematical parts.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a problem that you couldn't control or fix and how did you come about it?   Answer Question

MEA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

On campus interview. Very standard behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a situation where you had to adapt to change and how you did so   Answer Question