General Mills Manufacturing and Engineering Associate Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

interviewed at General Mills in October 2012.

Behavior based interview questions at a local plant followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of an ethical dilemma you experienced in the workplace.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Methuen, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Methuen, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in May 2012.

2 Phone interviews and 1 full interview day at a General Mills factory. Went on factory tour with current Manufacturing Engineering Associate (MEA) and met with all engineering employees of the plant. Pleasant interview process, and was contacted several days later about not receiving the position.

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test as soon as I arrived threw me for a loop, but most of the interview questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Charles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in October 2011.

The interview process was thorough and provided a ton of information about the company. The first round was a 1 on 1 and the second was a 2 on 1. The people were very friendly and made the process more bearable, but the final round was on site and was brutal. It consisted of 4 one on one interviews each that took 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you lead a group to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in September 2011.

Very thorough process. Since I had already gone through College Recruiting with General Mills last year, they contacted me for a phone interview. I accepted and proceeded through the interview. The interview was mainly behavioral questions that looked at leadership ability and technical ability. It was also an opportunity for them to understand what my plans were for the future.

After the phone interview I was alerted that I would be called with details for an onsite plant interview. Prior to the onsite visit, I had to do a personality test that asked questions about the sort of person I am as well what I value. Within 2 weeks I was flown out to a plant for the interview. The plant interview consisted of a plant tour and 4 one on one interviews with various managers. The interviews were very informal and enjoyable. They were a mixture of behavioral questions and conversation about my job experience.

At the end of the interviews, the HR lady said that I would be contacted within a week and if I was being offered a position they would let me know the location a week after that. 3 days later, I get the call that I have a job!

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative presentation you have ever given and what was its outcome?   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in April 2011.

Went to dinner when I arrived with a couple other interviewees and two young employees from the plant. Easy conversation. Then next day got a plant tour from a Manufacturing and Engineering Associate, and had 5 interviews with the management of the plant. The interviews were standard. I received a phone call the next day with a verbal offer. Just be yourself- General Mills employees are warm, friendly, and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to implement change without support from your peers.   Answer Question

MANUFACTURING and ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Mills in October 2010.

I applied through the school and interviewed on campus. Got a response within a day and had to complete two 20 minute assessment tests online within 24 hours. A few days later, I interviewed at one of their facilities. Interview consisted of about 30-35 behavioral questions and not much technical questions. Interview was fairly easy, they don't ask you trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you didn't get along with someone. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!