General Mills

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Communications

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Applied online through university's career website and landed a first round interview. It was mostly behavioral, but they also asked questions regarding what I would do in certain situations as well.
The same night I received a call back for a second round. The next morning I went in and took an assessment, then did a second round interview with a higher level executive, and answered more situational questions.
The interviewers are very laid back, nice, and make you feel very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you missed a deadline and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and after two phone screens I was invited to interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis

Interview Question – What trend or fads are currently relevant to 5-8 year olds?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview seemed easy - mad up on the spot marketing ideas for a cereal. I was flown out to Minnesota a couple weeks later. It consisted of 4 interviews and a case.

Interview Question – Blurt out marketing ideas for this specific product. You have a minute, GO.   Answer Question

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!