General Mills

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at General Mills in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was straightforward with no "trick" interview questions. Very relaxed and friendly

Interview Question – I can't remember any. Oh, wait...the manager asked me if I planned to wear jeans with a heart shaped patch on the butt. Then he laughed, knowing full well a reasonable employee would never thing of doing that.   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – I interview over the phone with a manager in Arizona. The process was simple and I was asked the typical behavioral questions.. "Tell me about a time". This went very well. It is best if you connect with the employer on a personal level. It just so happens that the interviewer grew up in the same city that I am attending school. His brother was an alumni, so any way to personally connect please do so.

From there I was invited to Minnesota where I interviewed at the corporate location. Had a tour of the facility, took an assessment test that was rather simple. I was slightly nervous when hearing of the assessment, so I took to practicing IQ test... this is not needed. The interview day was long. The most difficult part was maintaining energy throughout lunch.

During the breaks ( breakfast and lunch), helpful employees try to answer any questions that you may have about the position. This by far was the best interview experience I have had. Everyone was helpful and honest. The role play was my favorite portion of the interview.

Interview Question – Why not your previous employer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in February 2010.

Interview Details – - Received email
- Set up Phone Screen
- Filled out technical questionnaire
- On-site interviews (half day) most 1:1, one panel
- Personality Test
- IQ Test
- Call with Offer (next morning) contingent on drug & background check
- Drug test within a few days
- Start 2 weeks later

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. If you have the experience they are looking for and can talk about it in an articulate manner and hit it off socially with the interviewers you are good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer met initial expectations so I did not negotiate.

Food Scientist Interview

Food Scientist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round on-campus interview with a senior scientist/manager, onsite interview with 4 people (R&D scientist, manager and HR) separately. Standard behavioral questions + some technical questions.

Interview Question – Most are Tell me a time ...type questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Human Resources Manager Interview

Assistant Human Resources Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in January 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple onsite interviews

Interview Question – Where I made biggest impact to someone else's career.   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Customer Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in December 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone. HR rep explained the duties and compensation then asked basic questions about my background and qualifications.

Interview Question – Have you been interviewing with other companies and/or have any offers on the table? I wasn't sure what to say because answering either yes or no could have negative implications.   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – First Round- on campus interview
Second Round- on campus interview - personality and iQ tests
Final Round- office visit in MN.

Offer made a month after the office visit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – It took about 3 months for the company to contact me. There are hurdles in order to stop anyone from actually contacting about an interview or really following up at all.
It's fairly frustrating to have to wait for so long for such a near-entry level position.
Mostly the entire contact was cold and mechanical, the woman who called didn't even say the right name at first.

Interview Question – Unexpected about what my ideal boss would be like. Also hinted at lowering my salary expectations.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview with two sales managers...a couple days later I received an email inviting me to second round interviews at HQ at the end of the month. I had to take 3 personality tests before the interview. There was a dinner the night before second rounds with 5 other candidates and 2 current BMAs. Dinner is completely informal and it allows the candidates to ask any question they would like. The dinner is not a part of the final decision. The day of second round interviews is long...starts with a breakfast around 8am and then 4 interviews throughout the day ending at 3pm. Recruiters will take 1-2 weeks to get back to applicants.

Interview Question – Behavior based questions...sales role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate...offer was very good.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at General Mills in October 2013.

Interview Details – After sending my resume to several people finally one of their recruiters contacted me and we scheduled a phone interview that lasted 25 minutes. We discussed my professional experience and she explained what the job was about. She then sent me a questionnaire by email that I had to fill in giving more details about my experience and explaining some of my achievements. She forwarded it to the Finance department for them to evaluate if they were interested in having a personal interview.

Interview Question – During your professional career, what have you studied or what courses have you attended in order to develop your skills   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills Videos

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills interview questions and advice in Minnesota. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees and interview candidates.