General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

MEA Intern Interview

MEA Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Very standard behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell us a situation where you had to adapt to change and how you did so   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at General Mills in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very good process, easy to network with and friendly people. First round interview was rather formal and stiff, interviewer mostly stuck to the questions rather than being engaging, unusual given the friendly culture.

Interview Question – How does Wall Street value a company?   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Golden Valley, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at General Mills in March 2013.

Interview Details – Working with recruiter. Phone interview with 3 people. They collected their notes with the manager and moved along quickly with a decision the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out in this regard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt the offer was very good as is so I accepted as is immediately.

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills in February 2012.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds. The first round was very brief with two women from the company, the second was more intensive with the same two women, where various behavioral and situational questions were asked to gauge culture fit and and knowledge of marketing trends and strategies. There is a personality type test that is also given, asking many ethics questions.

The final round was on site at a beautiful corporate headquarters in Minnesota. It was a long day, with 6 interviews total and a test/ presentation.

Interview Question – What promotional strategies would you use for a Honey Nut Cheerios campaign.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Mills in September 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to a recruiter to express interest about working for GMI. We talked over my resume and why I would be interested in working for the Mill. He set up a phone screen with another recruiter, and a week later I was flying to Minneapolis! At HQ I interviewed with three Director/VP level employees on a one-on-one basis. While there, I also took an IQ, judgement, and personality test. They were fast on the turn around. I had an offer on hand while I was waiting at the airport for my flight. During the time allowed to make the decision, recruiters, managers, and alumni from my school reached out to congratulate me and offer their perspectives. Great people and a great recruiting process.

Interview Question – What attribute is most important for an organization to be successful? Provide an example.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – As I spoke with others in the role, I realized that my work would be more about executing really well the decisions of others. Other opportunities available to me allowed for greater autonomy and impact.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills in July 2009.

Interview Details – -In person interview
-Testing

Interview Question – -Testing challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer, should have negotiated.

Marketing Communications Interview

Marketing Communications
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and after two phone screens I was invited to interview at the Headquarters in Minneapolis

Interview Question – What trend or fads are currently relevant to 5-8 year olds?   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

IT Position
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in February 2013.

Interview Details – The position was posted in November 2012 and applied for it in Mid-December. The recruiter was very nice and responsive. I followed up with her many times and she responded to my questions. I got an email in mid Jan 2013 that I have been selected for phone interview. It was scheduled for next week. After the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me the next day to schedule on-site interview for next two weeks. I had my interview on Thursday and got the offer on Monday morning

Interview Question – What would you like to bring to General Mills?
Explain any leadership experience you had?
Why should I hire you over other candidates?
Explain any technological revolutions in your time that has affected not only consumers but suppliers, and companies?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were pretty reasonable along with benefit package and incentive plans

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills in March 2011.

Interview Details – Two on campus interviews about 45 minutes long. Came back to take a personality test. Then went to Headquarters in Minn to interview. 2 Behavioral interviews. Very nice interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to learn a new type of computer program and how did you use it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Golden Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was given a full day schedule to meet with all the managers the position would be working with. I spent about 1/2 hour with each person and had lunch with the senior administrative assistant who was currently there.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   View Answer