General Mills Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Very nice people, had a great time meeting and interviewing them. Very encouraging and gracious in their decision.

Brand Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Asked some basic questions concerning what my career goals are and how I would react in certain situations. Interviewer asked if I knew specific Excel and Powerpoint functions. The interviewer was probably 2 years older than me (I am a graduate student). She was pompous and took notes on a laptop the entire time. She did not respond to anything that I said. Later I found out that General Mills did not hire anyone except people who had interned with them the summer before.

Promotion Marketing Intern Interview

Application

Interview

My initial contact was made through alumni contacts in the company. Once my resume reached the Promotion Marketing department I was offered a phone interview with an associate. It seems to me GMI weighs in-house recommendations very heavily.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to include a promotion inside Cheerios cereal boxes would you include a licensed figurine or a Cheerios branded spoon, and explain your logic?"   Answer Question

Bma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to go into sales and what my future career goals are. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses, as well as my motivations for the position in specific. emphasize what is important to you in context of values and don’t be surprised if they are stone-faced.

Director of Real Estate Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

I was initially informed that they decided to interview other candidates. A week later I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview consisted of one question that was "behavioral" and three questions that were "traditional" interview questions. The hiring manager was very pleasant. After answering one question I sensed that the mgr was not satisfied with my response so I asked if I could provide a different response, which seemed to be more satisfactory.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a customer that might be making a decision that you feel is not in their best interest?   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my University, developed relationship. He called me back when there was an internship opening. I had a phone interview on a Tuesday and then they asked me to go in that Friday.

Got to the Headquarter at 7:30. Total 4 interviews. First two were Behavior, and the last two were technical. They had breakfast, lunch and coffee break for you throughout the day.

Very good experience.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

I was asked to fill in an AMM e-screen which consisted of some 10 questions. Then I had a phone screen. After the phone screen, they called me to their head quarters. There, I was first asked to do a case write-up about a product (so, brush up on your market research skills, target consumer and what products should you launch), which is a timed test. Then I was asked to do a "Watson-Glaser Critical assessment test" by Pearson which consisted of 40 questions. Then I had 4 interviews, 2 with Marketing and 2 with HR. The people are very friendly and I would have loved to work there.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your previous performance reviews?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a brand from General Mills that you think is underleveraged?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a written evaluation, phone interview and on-site interview. The written evaluation came first and was administered by HR. The questions generally appertained to my reasons for seeking new employment and my professional history. Approximately one week after I submitted my answers I was granted a phone interview. The phone interview was roughly thirty minutes in length and consisted of behavioral questions. Prior to the on-site visit I took an online aptitude test. Roughly two weeks later I visited the headquarters for a final interview. The process took the majority of the day. First, I had a coffee with a current employee who was also a financial analyst. This conversation was not part of the interview process. The employee was there to welcome me, answer any questions and make me comfortable before going into the formal interviews. I appreciated the candid nature of this situation and asked many burning questions that I would not normally pose in an interview. Next, I had three back-to-back interviews with an HR manager, and two Finance manager/directors. Lunch followed and I was accompanied by a new financial analyst. Like the coffee, the lunch was not part of the interview. I took the opportunity to ask more questions. After lunch, I had two more formal interviews with leaders in Finance. Next, I took a computerized IQ test, which lasted approximately 12 minutes. The final step in the process was a wrap up interview with an HR manager. This interview was mostly geared toward gauging my interest after spending the day at General Mills. An offer was made to me roughly two weeks after the final interview. Overall, the process was very well done. I was incredibly impressed by the warmth and welcoming nature of the interviewers. Responses from HR were very prompt. The facility is amazing. Truly I could not be happier with the outcome.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

Internal interview, but just as rigorous as an external review. Classic interview questions. Most interviewers at GMI will give you a nice smile and listen very politely. Note that "Minnesota Nice" prevents them from giving you negative feedback during the interview, so don't expect any favors or guidance. You must be responsible for what you say. No givebacks or mulligans.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Go read "What Color is Your Parachute" and you'll be prepared for variations on the limited number of standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Mine was an internal level jump and thuis negotiations were frowned on.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward with no "trick" interview questions. Very relaxed and friendly

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any. Oh, wait...the manager asked me if I planned to wear jeans with a heart shaped patch on the butt. Then he laughed, knowing full well a reasonable employee would never thing of doing that.   1 Answer