General Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Promotions Marketing Planner Interview

Promotions Marketing Planner
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was an average experience. I was recruited from campus along with a couple other students from my University but nobody was offered a position. They are very professional but use recycled questions. The interviews early on felt directed and my interviewers seemed interested but all the interviews at headquarters seemed like I was wasting their time. The "campus" is very nice and it seems like a very comfortable place to work but not a top choice for innovative and self-motivated people. Their perks are almost unbeatable but they have to be due to their location. It seems like it would be a great place to work for a short time but the strength of the company is it's long running career track employees, some of which should be reviewed. They ask decently tough questions during the interview but no real curveballs. I was rushed between interviewers because they messed up with timing. Not a company I would want to work for life for and that seems like all they are interested in. Especially for people coming right out of a top University, I'd advise looking elsewhere for a more interactive and innovative first job. Very "kool-aid" culture.

Interview Question – Tell me about your key insights regarding 8 year olds in relation to yogurt.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills Videos

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills Promotions Marketing Planner interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees and interview candidates.