General Mills

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Promotions Marketing Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills in November 2011.

It was an average experience. I was recruited from campus along with a couple other students from my University but nobody was offered a position. They are very professional but use recycled questions. The interviews early on felt directed and my interviewers seemed interested but all the interviews at headquarters seemed like I was wasting their time. The "campus" is very nice and it seems like a very comfortable place to work but not a top choice for innovative and self-motivated people. Their perks are almost unbeatable but they have to be due to their location. It seems like it would be a great place to work for a short time but the strength of the company is it's long running career track employees, some of which should be reviewed. They ask decently tough questions during the interview but no real curveballs. I was rushed between interviewers because they messed up with timing. Not a company I would want to work for life for and that seems like all they are interested in. Especially for people coming right out of a top University, I'd advise looking elsewhere for a more interactive and innovative first job. Very "kool-aid" culture.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your key insights regarding 8 year olds in relation to yogurt.   Answer Question