General Mills

General Mills Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Mills in January 2013.

Applied through my university's career centre website. Received an email about a week later saying I had an interview on campus with three sales people from General Mills. They were very amiable and nice. Introduced themselves and asked me about my experience. No curve balls. Interview lasted about half an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Mills.

The process was an inital screening and a formal in person interview with a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study could be challenging if you don't know what you're doing   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills in March 2011.

first, there was a presentation of the company with a group of about 20 college recruits. second, i had an initial face to face interview. I was then asked to come back for a second face to face interview after advancing on. at the second face to face, I had to take a personality test, situational test with questions of how you would react to certain situations, and a wonderlic test. after the tests, I finally had the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most innovative thing you have done in college regarding academics?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

This was an undergraduate recruitment posting at my university. I applied in September, and my first interview took place on campus in October. It was with a more senior member of the sales team and was about 30 mins total. The conversation was professional but very casual, and a good opportunity to showcase your personality, which is really key in a sales role where you will be dealing with customers regularly. I was informed of a second interview at the head office in Mississauga, Ontario about 4 weeks later. Second interview consisted of 5 separate back to back interviews along with lunch out with a more junior employee. Each interviewer had a unique area of interest relating to the position and asked a lot of questions about experiences in summer jobs or on projects in school.

Interview Questions
    • My understanding of the grocery industry.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you influenced change. How did you do this and what happened?   Answer Question
    Not flexible on locations offered. Start date had some flexibility.