General Mills

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Mills in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career centre website. Received an email about a week later saying I had an interview on campus with three sales people from General Mills. They were very amiable and nice. Introduced themselves and asked me about my experience. No curve balls. Interview lasted about half an hour.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you displayed leadership.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Mills.

Interview Details – The process was an inital screening and a formal in person interview with a case study.

Interview Question – The case study could be challenging if you don't know what you're doing   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Mills in March 2011.

Interview Details – first, there was a presentation of the company with a group of about 20 college recruits. second, i had an initial face to face interview. I was then asked to come back for a second face to face interview after advancing on. at the second face to face, I had to take a personality test, situational test with questions of how you would react to certain situations, and a wonderlic test. after the tests, I finally had the interview.

Interview Question – what is the most innovative thing you have done in college regarding academics?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

The process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

Interview Details – This was an undergraduate recruitment posting at my university. I applied in September, and my first interview took place on campus in October. It was with a more senior member of the sales team and was about 30 mins total. The conversation was professional but very casual, and a good opportunity to showcase your personality, which is really key in a sales role where you will be dealing with customers regularly. I was informed of a second interview at the head office in Mississauga, Ontario about 4 weeks later. Second interview consisted of 5 separate back to back interviews along with lunch out with a more junior employee. Each interviewer had a unique area of interest relating to the position and asked a lot of questions about experiences in summer jobs or on projects in school.

Interview Questions

• My understanding of the grocery industry.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you influenced change. How did you do this and what happened?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not flexible on locations offered. Start date had some flexibility.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills Videos

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills Retail Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees and interview candidates.