General Mills Sales Interview Questions

3.1

Sales Interview

Interview

Went through campus process. I was invited for an interview after attending a career fair. They were looking for people to go through their sales program and stay in sales. It was simple, they let me know by that evening. It is a three round processs. First two interviews on campus, third on site.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Anonymous Employee in University, IL

Application

interviewed at General Mills (University, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Questions were simply all behavorial questions with little focus on long - term or short-term goals. No questions on why General Mills, why sales or why the CPG/Food industry. Very little background or information provided on the actual work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to re-locate frequently throughout your career? Must be able to sell them on yes if you want a second round.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Mills in November 2007.

Interview

First I applied through my college job search system (resume only) and was told to attend their info session. I did and spoke with them again at the career fair. My resume was accepted and my first round of interviews was one-on-one on campus. I was notified later in the week about the second round interview and tests. For this, I took a test that we "were not expected to finish" that was a measure of our general intellectual ability. It included word and math questions. We were given information about a personality test we needed to take online over the next week. Finally there was a second one-on-one interview. A week or so later I was notified about the third round interview. I was flown to the sales office, given a tour of the building, shadowed someone in my desired position for 30 minutes, interviewed by the top brass in the office, and then taken to lunch. I went home and received an offer a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• What are some other offers or companies that you are considering?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Entry level salary in not negotiable. Not sure about the perks though, I'd try it.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at General Mills in November 2010.

Interview

The first interview was a one-on-one interview with a high-ranking executive from the sales department(very nice guy, down to earth). After I passed that interview, I was interviewed by three other senior ranking executives via phone interview which also went really well and gave me a good impression of the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate, but still a competitive salary

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Mills in October 2010.

Interview

They make it very clear that they want people who are willing and have no problem with moving around to various locations. They want seemed to want people who have direction and somewhat know what they want to do with their career. Also know what their locations are and a little about their products.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most important leadership experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Mills in October 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was very nosy about what other companies I was interviewing with and was typing on his laptop the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult group member/employee.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Mills in September 2010.

Interview

I was essentially asked what my interpretation of the position was. Why, with my major, I wnated to work for the company. Explain my resume.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

Interview

I had always wanted to work for General Mills and was overall extremely impressed with the recruitment staff they had in place. I ended up not receiving the job but was still impressed with the processes of the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were faced with a challenging situation but managed to succeed?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter 1:1 first round interviews (very friendly) Call backs for IQ and personality testing and another 1:1 (much more intense)