General Mills

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at my University, developed relationship. He called me back when there was an internship opening. I had a phone interview on a Tuesday and then they asked me to go in that Friday.

Got to the Headquarter at 7:30. Total 4 interviews. First two were Behavior, and the last two were technical. They had breakfast, lunch and coffee break for you throughout the day.

Very good experience.

Interview Question – What was the toughest moment in your career?   Answer Question

Software Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Mills in September 2010.

Interview Details – Discussed with the recruiter via email about the opportunity once the position information was shared. Recruiter completed first screening. Initial screening questionnaire on experience, background, employment situation, and interests required as well as current resume. Initial interview with manager and director, if those went well, next phase would be on-site visit. Following the onsite visit, expectation of an offer being made. Looking for entrepreneurial type person, however for the organization environment, this could not be supported due to the multiple levels of structure that existed and expected models that needed to be followed. Relationship maturity was a definite requirement, however, management oversight would still be heavy due to position only being an individual contributor and not a managed team role. Feedback was not offered for the position interview so unsure as to the perception or reason for the determination of no offer.

Interview Question – What are all the areas of contract negotiations experience you have?   Answer Question

Software Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Mills in October 2009.

Interview Details – I decided to interview with General Mills through my campus recruiting program, because of all the great things I had heard about them. I've never even been to Minnesota before, but I thought I would go for it. There was an information session the night before. The interviewer was a much older guy and very nice. He simply read questions off of a list he had in front of him. I wasn’t a fan of this, since it seemed too old fashioned and standardized. Reading off a list of questions reduces that ability to have a flowing conversation. Since the position required some programming experience, I explained my limited experience early on, however I was still asked a question from the list that assumed I had a lot of programming experience. Obviously, this is where we both understood that this wasn’t the right position for me.

Interview Question – Describe a program step-by-step that you've written, which required you to recall data from a database.   Answer Question

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!