General Mills Team Leader II Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Vineland, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Vineland, NJ) in August 2008.

Interview

The process took less than a week. After phone interview, they had me flying next day to the plant. I was interviewed on Tuesday morning and had an offer next morning. There were 4-5 interview sessions, one with each manager e.g. plant, operations, department head, and logistics. There was a lunch session where I met with other employees that were holding similar position as the one I was being interviewed for. There was a brief plant tour, a personality test and an a skills test - general math, analysis etc. About 40 -50 questions and about 30 seconds for each question. There was also a personality test on line before the interview day that was 90 minutes long i believe.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a decision based on limited information on hand.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you had to implement a change and the employees were opposed to it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. You can get a grand or two more but thats about it for TL II position.

Other Interview Reviews for General Mills

Team Leader II Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Mills in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen by a corp recruiter, followed a week or so later by a phone interview with plant HR, followed by another phone interview with plant management. Finally got a call to come up and interview at the plant in person. Took a personality test (Hogan) and an IQ type test. (wonderlic). Took about 10 days to get the offer. Standard behavioral questions, they are looking to assess key attributes and will probe until they get a complete answer. Plant tour was also part of the morning. Four 1:1 interviews, assessment, and a plant tour took around 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions about decision making, results leadership, coaching barriers, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was in line, I did not feel the need to negotiate. Since I moved from another company in a similar role, I knew what the market range was for the position. Benefits package was pretty comparable to what I have seen.

Team Leader II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was through a recruiter who had me fill out a form that had ten questions such as why would you want to move to a rural area, why this industry, etc. It also included several behavioral type questions about actual work situations. Then I had a phone interview with HR and a person who would be my peer if hired. Then two on-line assessments. Then I was called to interview in the plant. It was all day long and started with an IQ type test on-line. Then it was a plant tour followed by four interviews with different people from the plant manager and staff on down to my potential peers.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you ever had to do and how did you handle it and what were the results?   Answer Question