General Motors

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roswell, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring Process Took around 3 weeks.
I was 1st contacted by a GM recruiter where he did a screening to see if I was qualified outside of my resume. Afterwards in 5 days I interviewed with the hiring manager in Detroit via the phone. Questions were very direct and the manager knew who/what he was looking for in a candidate. I think had a face to face via Virtual Webcam with Hiring Manager and supervisor. Both sessions were 1 hour long. Finally Hiring manager advised me a decision would be made in about 3 business days. I then got a call back in about 1 hour offering me the job. Seamless process with a great company that knew who and what they were looking for.

Interview Question – None. All standard questions for the business analyst profession.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate. Offer was well above my asking so I was very satisfied.

UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at General Motors in April 2013.

Interview Details – Did not know that GM actually interviewed on campus. Hiring process was relatively painless. Hiring manager gave the sit rep about the company and why they were hiring. I was then given a panel interview by other employees. Most of the questions were actually behavioral, not technical, which surprised me a bit.

Interview Question – What was something that you had to learn quickly?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Submitted application and recieved a phone call for a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was conducted utilizing STAR method. The interviewer had a series of planned questions. Interviewer was very friendly and professional. A second interview was then conducted face to face with an interviewer. The second interview was very similar and lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were surprised with how well the results turned out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Motors in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the recruiter called me up after 3 weeks. They flew me in to Detroit to interview at one of their new innovation centers. They payed for everything, which included plane ticket, limo, hotel, and lunch. During the interview, they followed the star method interview. They would ask a bunch of questions from their interview guide. The interview was not technical at all. They would just list a bunch of things that you would know. The people were very nice and helpful giving you a the future of the company in their information technology department.

Interview Question – What is the hardest problem you have to deal with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!