Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors
- Software Developer (48)
- Engineer (24)
- Intern (12)
- Design Release Engineer (8)
- IT Analyst (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Controls Engineer (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Validation Engineer (5)
- Senior Financial Analyst (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Finance (5)
- Finance Analyst (5)
- Associate Software Developer (5)
- Software Engineer (5)
- IT (4)
- Team Leader (4)
- Project Engineer (4)
- Manufacturing Engineer (4)
- Design Engineer (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Data Analyst (4)
- Production Supervisor (4)
- Production Group Leader (3)
- Connected Customer Specialist (3)
- District Sales Manager (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2013.
Why you want to work at GM, Why you are looking, overview of experience and several behavior based questions with 2 different managers. It was basically an hour with each manager. The feed back was quick. interviewed on Friday, regret email on Monday.
- A decision I made that I regretted. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for General Motors
Buyer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in March 2013.
Was contacted by a internal recruiter. A20 min phone interview was scheduled the day. I was contacted less than a week later to schedule an in person interview. The interview process was the STAR methods/ two one hour interviews. A half hour presentation regarding GM benefits prior to. Whole prices took about 3-4 hours.
- Name a time when you told one person one thing, and another person something completely different. Tell me about a time when y is worked with someone you did not trust. Answer Question
Did not negotiate. Competitive salary and nice non-monetary perks.
Buyer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.
Multilevel interview process. 1. Talent Acquisition Phone Interview 2. Face to Face 6 hour interview process. First meet with HR for a presentation 3. First Interview (they want to learn how to learn and respond to situations - this is not a Q&A interview. This will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. 4. 2nd interviewer will come in and will ask completely different questions in this stage.
- They would ask how you would change what you achieved. 1 Answer
There was no negotiation on salary - that was made clear early on in the process.