General Motors DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

Initially contacted by a "Talent Acquisition" personnel requesting for more information. The information was said to be given to the hiring manager for further consideration.
A week later, I was contacted for an on site interview at the VEC. The visit consisted of a brief orientation about the position and then an interview with managers. Interview based of STAR behavioral questions. Really enjoyable interview. Managers were really friendly. A week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • When did you successfully mastered a new topic or gained new knowledge as part of project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Motors.

There was one interview. Was sat in a group of others who were also being interviewed (for different positions) in a room where a brief presentation on what GM was about took place. Then I was interviewed by two engineers, one at a time. The questions generally took the STAR interview approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to solve a problem where others before you had failed.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

1 day interview
    Interview with manager in the moring(Very high technical about car such as how engine work. You need to draw it on blackboard) and Role play interview in the afternoon

Negociable