General Motors DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.2

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by a "Talent Acquisition" personnel requesting for more information. The information was said to be given to the hiring manager for further consideration.
A week later, I was contacted for an on site interview at the VEC. The visit consisted of a brief orientation about the position and then an interview with managers. Interview based of STAR behavioral questions. Really enjoyable interview. Managers were really friendly. A week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• When did you successfully mastered a new topic or gained new knowledge as part of project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

There was one interview. Was sat in a group of others who were also being interviewed (for different positions) in a room where a brief presentation on what GM was about took place. Then I was interviewed by two engineers, one at a time. The questions generally took the STAR interview approach.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to solve a problem where others before you had failed.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First round with the Lead , it was all about GD nT and my previous experience. 2nd round was with Manager , it was about engines . 3 red round was with HR , it was all about strength weeknesses and salary negotiation an.

Interview Questions

• Which is the most difficult design , aerospace engine or automotive engine. Considering the fact that in an automotive engine combustion chamber volume changes and in aerospace engine it remains constant.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

Interview

1 day interview
    Interview with manager in the moring(Very high technical about car such as how engine work. You need to draw it on blackboard) and Role play interview in the afternoon

Negotiation

Negociable