General Motors Design Release Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

There was an initial 30 minute to 1 hour screening survey that had behavior based question. Following that I had two one hour interviews on site that were a similar style. I was given an offer the same day after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem without having all of the information available.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

So far I had a phone interview after talking to a recruiter at a career fair. It consisted of four "Tell me about a time when..." questions. I now have an on sight interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you got results that were way greater than you expected.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Got an on-site interview right off the bat. Interviewed with about 5 other DRE's and they all wanted to hire me. They asked about my past experiences and how it'll translate into my new role

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview

Interview about about an hour. Asked questions from interview posted on website. Know Lominger competences and have a scenario prepared for each. STAR format with what you learned and how to apply it

Interview Questions

• Since I answered every question in the guide so nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR the following day. Basic questions to determine eligibility, preferred salary, when I could start, etc. Was told my resume would be passed along and I would hear about an interview by the end of the week. Ended up getting a canned email saying they decided I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Only talked to HR so there was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2008.

Interview

Was flown to Detroit, taken in a limo to RenCen for an overnight stay in the hotel. Interviewed the next day by 2 lead engineers and 1 HR rep. Driven to Milford Proving Grounds for tour of the facilities and tracks.

Negotiation

No real negotiations, was a fair offer.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interviews