General Motors

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Interview Question – What so you know about engine controls ?   Answer Question

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview Details – two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me About yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Pontiac, MI

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Question – Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Defiance, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to.   View Answer

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

Interview Details – on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Question – through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Mysore (India)

I interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

Interview Details – it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Question – wt is ur negatives n hw u ovrcome?   Answer Question

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – - I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
- 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
- I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors Videos

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Engineer interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.