General Motors

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors.

On Campus (University) interview process. Very straightforward process with many behavioral questions. Asked about previous projects, interests in GM, why GM etc. Asked to describe projects and how they relate to work at GM. Interviews all done using the STAR method. Initial stage was something of a screening step, then asked to interview with managers. Managers conduct the interview and describe the STAR method. They even provide a rubric. The managers are quite nice, very straight forward and helpful throughout the process.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Engineer Interview

On Campus Interview. This was an initial behavioral interview with two company representatives. Questions were typical STAR format and were clearly standardized. Interviewers took notes on responses. This interview led to an additional interview with hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all typical "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Engineer Interview

I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Engineer Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in December 2011.

Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer