General Motors

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.

Interview Question – what projects have you ever done?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in January 2008.

Interview Details – it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

Interview Question – would you be willing to relocate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – average

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview Details – two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me About yourself   Answer Question

Mysore (India)

I interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

Interview Details – it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Question – wt is ur negatives n hw u ovrcome?   Answer Question

Pontiac, MI

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Question – Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2007.

Interview Details – Targeted interviewing used.

Interview Question – What do you know about engineering   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in November 2009.

Interview Details – It went great, phone interview was very long

Interview Questions

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in July 2008.

Interview Details – star: situation, task, action, result.

Interview Question – why join this company   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

Interview Details – In person interview is a joke. Be prepared to be interviewed by guys who can't speak english properly, and therefore some questions were (maybe intentionally) misleading and confusing. Interview consisted of STAR and confusing technical questions. Overall a very negative experience. GM has not learnt from its mistakes, and will be bankrupt again soon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision?   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!