General Motors Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in January 2008.

it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

average

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in January 2011.

Position was for development of new materials for fuel cell membranes. Gave a presentation on Ph.D. work on proton exchange membranes which was well received. During the interviews, only "target" interview questions were asked, such as, "Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision." "What was the biggest mistake you've ever made?" Memorize answers to questions like those and you will be FINE.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had to take a risk? What happened? What did you do? What was the result? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

I first interviewed with the hiring manager on campus. A couple weeks later I got a call saying they wanted me to come to Detroit for more interviews. They flew me there and took care of ground transportation. Had two one-hour interviews with the same hiring manager and other engineers from the same department.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

In person interview is a joke. Be prepared to be interviewed by guys who can't speak english properly, and therefore some questions were (maybe intentionally) misleading and confusing. Interview consisted of STAR and confusing technical questions. Overall a very negative experience. GM has not learnt from its mistakes, and will be bankrupt again soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2007.

Targeted interviewing used.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in November 2009.

It went great, phone interview was very long

Interview Questions

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!