General Motors

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
- 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
- I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Engineer Interview

I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Engineer Interview

On Campus Interview. This was an initial behavioral interview with two company representatives. Questions were typical STAR format and were clearly standardized. Interviewers took notes on responses. This interview led to an additional interview with hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all typical "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions
    • through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

I interviewed on campus after applying on my school's online application program. Interview was structured around STAR process. Professional interviewer who was very passionate about GM. GM also held a study break on campus that was very well done.

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors in August 2008.

Nice and polite, then they did not call back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with emmisions control   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in July 2008.

star: situation, task, action, result.