General Motors Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
22 interviews

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Engineer Interview

I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pontiac, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Engineer Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Defiance, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in December 2011.

Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions
    • through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
    interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Questions

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!