General Motors

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.

Interview Question – what projects have you ever done?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in January 2008.

Interview Details – it was a tuff grilling by eminent panel of interviewers,

Interview Question – would you be willing to relocate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – average

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Interview Details – two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Interview Question – Tell me About yourself   Answer Question

Mysore (India)

I interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

Interview Details – it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Interview Question – wt is ur negatives n hw u ovrcome?   Answer Question

Pontiac, MI

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Question – Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in US?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2007.

Interview Details – Targeted interviewing used.

Interview Question – What do you know about engineering   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in November 2009.

Interview Details – It went great, phone interview was very long

Interview Questions

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in July 2008.

Interview Details – star: situation, task, action, result.

Interview Question – why join this company   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

Interview Details – In person interview is a joke. Be prepared to be interviewed by guys who can't speak english properly, and therefore some questions were (maybe intentionally) misleading and confusing. Interview consisted of STAR and confusing technical questions. Overall a very negative experience. GM has not learnt from its mistakes, and will be bankrupt again soon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors Videos

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Engineering interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.