General Motors Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Defiance, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in US?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Engineer Interview

Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
    - 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
    - I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at General Motors (Mysore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
    interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

Interview

I first interviewed with the hiring manager on campus. A couple weeks later I got a call saying they wanted me to come to Detroit for more interviews. They flew me there and took care of ground transportation. Had two one-hour interviews with the same hiring manager and other engineers from the same department.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

Interview

two one hour interviews with orientation. S.T.A.R style interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had conflict with a team member, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Bangalore (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions

• through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question