Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors
- Software Developer (38)
- Engineer (23)
- Intern (11)
- IT Analyst (7)
- Design Release Engineer (7)
- Engineering (6)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Validation Engineer (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Financial Analyst (5)
- Associate Software Developer (5)
- Software Engineer (5)
- IT (4)
- Finance Analyst (4)
- Controls Engineer (4)
- Data Analyst (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Project Engineer (4)
- Design Engineer (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Production Supervisor (4)
- Manufacturing Engineer (3)
- Production Group Leader (3)
- Connected Customer Specialist (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Product Engineer (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Electrical Engineer (3)
- Finance (3)
- Engineering Intern (3)
Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.
Other Interview Reviews for General Motors
Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2013.
two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.
- Tell me About yourself Answer Question
Engineering InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at General Motors (Defiance, OH) in December 2011.
Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.
- Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to. 1 Answer
Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.
It was a phone interview. I was in school at the time so they asked the standard questions about classes taken, GPA, skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- How many gas stations are there in US? 1 Answer
Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.
- "How did you deal with a difficult person?" Answer Question
Engineer InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
- 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
- I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)
- Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it? Answer Question
Engineer InterviewNo OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
interviewed at General Motors (Mysore (India)) in August 2011.
it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics
- wt is ur negatives n hw u ovrcome? Answer Question
Engineering InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at General Motors in March 2011.
I first interviewed with the hiring manager on campus. A couple weeks later I got a call saying they wanted me to come to Detroit for more interviews. They flew me there and took care of ground transportation. Had two one-hour interviews with the same hiring manager and other engineers from the same department.
Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at General Motors in February 2011.
two one hour interviews with orientation. S.T.A.R style interview
- Describe a situation in which you had conflict with a team member, and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at General Motors (Bangalore (India)) in February 2011.
on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.
- through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review