General Motors

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
    - 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
    - I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
    interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

I first interviewed with the hiring manager on campus. A couple weeks later I got a call saying they wanted me to come to Detroit for more interviews. They flew me there and took care of ground transportation. Had two one-hour interviews with the same hiring manager and other engineers from the same department.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

two one hour interviews with orientation. S.T.A.R style interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had conflict with a team member, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in February 2011.

on campus , skill test , 1:1 Interview process then final negotiation with HR about the salary. total process was very fast. two rounds of one on one interview one on technical and other on aspirations and future plans.

Interview Questions
    • through and full knowlege in basic and fundamentals in your field of interest   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in January 2011.

Position was for development of new materials for fuel cell membranes. Gave a presentation on Ph.D. work on proton exchange membranes which was well received. During the interviews, only "target" interview questions were asked, such as, "Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision." "What was the biggest mistake you've ever made?" Memorize answers to questions like those and you will be FINE.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had to take a risk? What happened? What did you do? What was the result? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in October 2010.

In person interview is a joke. Be prepared to be interviewed by guys who can't speak english properly, and therefore some questions were (maybe intentionally) misleading and confusing. Interview consisted of STAR and confusing technical questions. Overall a very negative experience. GM has not learnt from its mistakes, and will be bankrupt again soon.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in August 2010.

Structured interview process

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

It was fine and nothing left to remember or say.