General Motors

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Call with recruiter. Then call with finance manager. Finally flown to Detroit to meet with 5 people over 5 hours plus lunch and a case study. Had about 20 people interviewing. Was told it would be fit and instead it was all about IRR. They are obsessed with IRR and not NPV, discount rates or other finance concepts. Interrogated me about dates on my resume, not content or what i did at my job. They really tried to pick and annoy you, maybe to see if you crack. Or maybe i just got all the nyc guys. Was told it would be a behavioral interview and that was not the case for me at least. Thought they'd be nicer considering they are a post-bankrupt company in a pre-bankruptcy city???

Interview Question – What do you do with IRR.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of first showing by applying online. After that if you are chosen for the next rounds then you are asked to answer essay questions. After that you are then offered an interview that asks many behavioral questions. If you are chosen past that stage then you are told to apply online and finally you are sent to Detroit for a final interview. The last step is the offer.

Interview Question – What experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

Interview Details – One Campus interview with a follow up interview at GM's Headquarters

Interview Question – What would you do to improve GM's performance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Finance Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is very relaxing and interactive. They just want to know you. I think it is very important that you show you are really interested in the job

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult teammate?   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!