General Motors Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very challenging. I applied for a summer internship in Shanghai. They asked a lot of questions about your understanding of economics and their company strategy. There are also typical questions like self introduction.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Call with recruiter. Then call with finance manager. Finally flown to Detroit to meet with 5 people over 5 hours plus lunch and a case study. Had about 20 people interviewing. Was told it would be fit and instead it was all about IRR. They are obsessed with IRR and not NPV, discount rates or other finance concepts. Interrogated me about dates on my resume, not content or what i did at my job. They really tried to pick and annoy you, maybe to see if you crack. Or maybe i just got all the nyc guys. Was told it would be a behavioral interview and that was not the case for me at least. Thought they'd be nicer considering they are a post-bankrupt company in a pre-bankruptcy city???

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of first showing by applying online. After that if you are chosen for the next rounds then you are asked to answer essay questions. After that you are then offered an interview that asks many behavioral questions. If you are chosen past that stage then you are told to apply online and finally you are sent to Detroit for a final interview. The last step is the offer.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors in November 2008.

Interview

One Campus interview with a follow up interview at GM's Headquarters

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at General Motors in September 2010.

Interview

The interview is very relaxing and interactive. They just want to know you. I think it is very important that you show you are really interested in the job