General Motors Finance Manager TRACK Program Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Finance Manager TRACK Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

This is an MBA recruiting program. I went to NSHMBA without any leads or contacts at GM but made a good enough impression to get a first round interview. I had two separate 30 minute interviews, one was behavioral based and the other was technical based. I was then flown to Detroit for a final round 'Super Day.' There were 4, 30 minute interviews where interviewers mixed behavioral, situational, and technical based questions. There was also a technical screen where you were given 90 minutes to read over a business case, build a forecast model, and write a memo about your findings. Your fifth 30 minute interview consisted of a presentation of your analysis along with other technical questions and critiques of your analysis. It was a long process.

Interview Questions
  • If GM were to pay a large one time special dividend, how would this impact our cost of debt?   View Answer
  • Can your cost of debt ever be greater than your cost of equity?   View Answer
I asked to gross up the signing bonus and receive the bonus in advance in return for cancelling two scheduled final round interviews. They said no. I talked to three other candidates that received offers that all tried to negotiate to no avail. They have an offer for you to either take or leave.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!