General Motors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Got an interview through the career fair.
Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

Interview Question – Easy behavioral.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

Interview Details – Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Can you please walk us through your resume?   View Answer
  • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

General Motors Videos

General Motors – Why Work for Us?

At GM, we believe that striking a positive work-life balance leads to an engaged, productive work force. In fact, we believe that by empowering our employees to explore flextime and telecommuting options, not only can… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors IT interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.