General Motors

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

1.7

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Offered an interview at the career fair. There is only a one step interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. We seemed to connect. The interview last about 30 mins and it was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had adversity with a acquaintance   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

IT Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Got an interview through the career fair.
    Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
    Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please walk us through your resume?   View Answer
    • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question