General Motors

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

Interview Details – Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Can you please walk us through your resume?   View Answer
  • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

IT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details – Got an interview through the career fair.
Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

Interview Question – Easy behavioral.   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!