General Motors Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Met at career fair and the recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. Was invited for an interview the next morning on campus. Interview isn't extremely hard but not easy either. They ask you 3 different situational questions and what you learned, how you reacted, etc about each situation.

Interview Questions

• The hardest for me was talking about a time when I had to learn on the fly   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2013.

Interview

School Fair, got interviewed the next day, not very difficult interview, it was mostly all behavioral type questions. Didn't hear back until after Thanksgiving with the response that I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is you greatest weakness and how are you working to better yourself from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

They were at the career fair at college, they did also engineering mixer dinner. They give 2 interviews, one situational and another more technical with actual field questions depending your field. At the end of the second interview they wait 2 weeks approximately to give you a response. Later on their HR department contact you to give you the hiring instruction process

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where the outcome you expected about some project that you made was better than you thought   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Two interviews. Both phone. Was instructed to answer questions using the STAR method. There were several members of the recruiting committee on the call. Applied through a college posting. They required previous internships, a 3.0 GPA.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in April 2007.

Interview

I interviewed for an internship. I spoke with the manager for whom I would work for over the phone. After HR checked my college transcript and the manager approved, HR sent me an offer for the internship via email. I did well during the internship and the following year I got an offer for a full time position without an additional interview. I did have a performance review completed by the first manager though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult work assignment/ project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because this was my first REAL job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy going and casual went through resume, past experiences. Why do you want to work for GM What do you know about GM They give you scenarios and ask you to refer to a past experience where that happened etc... Interview lasted about 45min

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

The HR of Gurgaon office of General Motors approached the college. Job profile and description was shared. CVs were submitted by interested candidates. 7 people were shortlisted on the basis of CV and personal interviews happened after a week of the shortlisted candidates. There were 2 Rounds of interviews. Technical Interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

• The team you are going to work with does not have any youngsters, do you think you can fit in?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

They were very cordial and took me through a very straight forward process

Negotiation

Please go prepared

Intern Interview

Interview

Used STAR format

Interview Questions

• Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question