General Motors Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

They were at the career fair at college, they did also engineering mixer dinner. They give 2 interviews, one situational and another more technical with actual field questions depending your field. At the end of the second interview they wait 2 weeks approximately to give you a response. Later on their HR department contact you to give you the hiring instruction process

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about one time where the outcome you expected about some project that you made was better than you thought   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Intern Interview

I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in April 2007.

I interviewed for an internship. I spoke with the manager for whom I would work for over the phone. After HR checked my college transcript and the manager approved, HR sent me an offer for the internship via email. I did well during the internship and the following year I got an offer for a full time position without an additional interview. I did have a performance review completed by the first manager though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult work assignment/ project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because this was my first REAL job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in December 2013.

The HR of Gurgaon office of General Motors approached the college. Job profile and description was shared. CVs were submitted by interested candidates. 7 people were shortlisted on the basis of CV and personal interviews happened after a week of the shortlisted candidates. There were 2 Rounds of interviews. Technical Interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The team you are going to work with does not have any youngsters, do you think you can fit in?   View Answer

Intern Interview

They were very cordial and took me through a very straight forward process

Please go prepared

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in October 2012.

The interview process was very relaxing but long, the interviewer was open to talk about anything. The interview was about an hour long it didn't seem like it all.

Interview Questions
    I didnt offer to negotiate

Used STAR format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in October 2011.

I met with two GM employees, one HR recruiter and one supply chain director. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and I was asked 5 or 6 basic behavioral questions which were to be answered in S.T.A.R. format. I was asked various questions based on my past experiences that were relevant to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you took initiative to lead in a group project.   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!