General Motors

Updated Nov 22, 2013

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – They were very cordial and took me through a very straight forward process

Negotiation Details – Please go prepared

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

Interview Details – They were at the career fair at college, they did also engineering mixer dinner. They give 2 interviews, one situational and another more technical with actual field questions depending your field. At the end of the second interview they wait 2 weeks approximately to give you a response. Later on their HR department contact you to give you the hiring instruction process

Interview Question – Tell us about one time where the outcome you expected about some project that you made was better than you thought   Answer Question

Interviewed at General Motors

Interview Details – I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Question – No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxing but long, the interviewer was open to talk about anything. The interview was about an hour long it didn't seem like it all.

Interview Question – All questions were fair.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt offer to negotiate

Interview Details – Used STAR format

Interview Question – Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met with two GM employees, one HR recruiter and one supply chain director. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and I was asked 5 or 6 basic behavioral questions which were to be answered in S.T.A.R. format. I was asked various questions based on my past experiences that were relevant to the job I was applying for.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you took initiative to lead in a group project.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in April 2007.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an internship. I spoke with the manager for whom I would work for over the phone. After HR checked my college transcript and the manager approved, HR sent me an offer for the internship via email. I did well during the internship and the following year I got an offer for a full time position without an additional interview. I did have a performance review completed by the first manager though.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had a difficult work assignment/ project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because this was my first REAL job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at General Motors

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees and interview candidates.