General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

two onsite interviews, each one is an hour.You interview with two different managers, STAR is being used to answer these questions. Must be prepared and nothing will be very hard.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I got my interview through my schools career fair. I had two interviews. Both interviews were one on one in a private room. The first was behavioral questions and then 2-4 weeks later the was technical questions given by a gm project manager.

Interview Questions

• Model a list of European cars in kilometer/gallon and USA cars in miles per gallon using the same list.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in April 2015.

Interview

I had two half-hour behavioral interviews on campus. It was a pretty relaxed setting with friendly people. Each interviewer had a set of questions to ask with no overlap. After these interviewers I also had the opportunity to speak with the lead recruiter and ask any other questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you attempted a solution to a problem that failed. How did you handle this failure?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Process was well streamlined, after being contacted by a recruiter and contacted by someone from talent acquisition to set up a time and date for interview, the process took a little more than a week before the interview. Interview took place with two members from GM's corporate and took just over an hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a targeted interview, meaning they focused on your competencies (i.e. trust,being able to learn on the fly, ability to deal with adversity etc.)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Two round interview. The first is a recruiter. The second is the IT manager. Regular behavioral questions, some technique questions on Java and C, and asked to solve two algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the recent decision you made that you think was wrong, why?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a day later. Had a phone screen to see if I was qualified. After a few days got a call to set up and do technical interview. Did technical interview and was invited to do a HR interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online. Waited for about two to three months, then received a request for phone interviewing. After sucessful, was sent a request to interview online with four managers via video call. Heard back about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time in which an already established decision was modified. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamtramck, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Hamtramck, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a third party located in Pennsylvania to set up an over the phone interview for the Detroit/Hamtramck plant. Shortly after my phone interview I received a call back to set up a day to go on for a assessment test. I passed my assessment test, and shortly after I was asked to come in for a drug test. This was a month ago and I still haven't received any news or overs yet.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had to stop what you were doing at a job, to take care of something else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was very professional. Received a call a week after applying online. First scheduled telephone interview, then a week after the telephone interview, there was a in person interview. Interviewers made the process very comfortable for you. May take some time to hear back for an offer, but be patient, there are a lot of good things happening at GM and the process of bringing in high quality talent takes time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about accomplishments, situational questions, and questions about experiences from your resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in April 2015.

Interview

There is 2 processes. I applied through their website after visiting their facility. Currently in the process of interviewing- I have one interview left. The first interview process was on the phone and was asked typical situation questions. Was encouraged to ask a lot of questions and was told I going to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time where you were faced with a problem where you did not have a solution   Answer Question